The owners of an apartment serving as the Ashanti Regional office of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) at Krofuom in Kumasi are up against party leaders for failing to address rent issues.
The landlady, together with her children and other relatives, on Monday, stormed the regional office to disrupt an ongoing press conference on the same issue.
Regional Communications Director, Kwasi Kyei says lawyers of both parties will soon address the rent impasse.
Last Friday, the aggrieved family disrupted a TESCON meeting at the party office, claiming the NPP defaulted payment of 3 years’ rent.
The TESCON members left the office following the bizarre scene created by the family.
The family returned on Monday when some NPP members were addressing the press on the same issue.
Some aggrieved family members who spoke to the media say they heard the NPP Chairman, Antwi Boasiako popularly called Chairman Wontumi say some untruth on radio about the facility.
They disrupted the press address, with some documents and other family members and displayed documents of the house.
“if you have an agreement with someone and the person breaches it, you take action and that is what we are doing. We have told our lawyers and we are taking our house”.
They also mentioned that the structure have not been maintained properly as part of the earlier agreement.
“The facility is unkempt. You can’t take someone’s property and treat it anyhow,” he added.
Meanwhile, NPP Regional Director of Communications, Kwasi Kyei says lawyers of both parties will meet to address the issues amicably.
- Akufo-Addo reshuffles ministers
- Turkey earthquakes: Ghana star Christian Atsu found after 26 hours under rubble
- He said just the ‘tip’, but now I’m pregnant; the story of a university fresher
- Businessman Ibrahim Mahama to fund treatment, education of former NSMQ ‘Shark’
- DDEP: We’ll continue to converge there until we’re exempted – Dr. Anane Antwi
- GES, Education Ministry to release academic calendar for SHS
- Turkey earthquake: “Huge and miraculous” – Christian Atsu’s local manager reacts to his rescue
- Turkey earthquake: Ghanaian students recount horror
- Demand for dollars ease; BoG sold only $9.2m on spot market
- Haruna Iddrisu did not sell out NDC to us – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- 9 arrested in Atewa Forest for illegal mining
- Pencils of Promise commissions 197th classroom block
- Newmont Ahafo North Mining Project: Chiefs, youth groups appeal to government to apply state laws, warns WACAM
- Reshuffle is to reinvigorate government – Majority Leader
- Majority Leader stops taking fuel allocation in response to Ghana’s economic woes
- Digital Cooperation Organisation makes case for collaboration at LEAP in Saudi Arabia
- Asante Akim Marathon winner to compete in world cross country competition
- DDEP: Government commends bondholders who have tendered their bonds
- DDEP: Government grants 3-day administrative window for bondholders to complete processes
- Merqury Quaye to headline first DJ concert in Ghana on March 5
- Playback: One-on-one with Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- ‘The Lord is your shepherd, you shall not want’ – Bagbin prays for Haruna Iddrisu and co
- Epixode hopes to be as big as Grammy winner Kabaka Pyramid ‘one day’
- Expert trauma surgeon shares life-saving tips for road accident victims on Vodafone Healthline
- Teachers are poised to teach, but no logistics – GNAT