A barber who defiled and abducted a 14-year-old girl to Tarkwa, has been sentenced to seven years imprisonment by an Accra Circuit Court.
Enock Asomani was charged with defilement and abduction, he pleaded guilty and the Court convicted him on his own plea.
This was after the Court presided over by Mrs Christina Cann, through an interpreter of the court, asked him several times whether he understood the charges and the plea.
Asomani, aged 18, told the Court that while the victim was with him, he had sex with her every morning and afternoon.
Prosecuting Police Chief Inspector Kofi Atimbire said the complainant is the father of the victim.
Police Chief Inspector Atimbire said the accused and the complainant were neighbours, residing at Tse-Addo, a suburb of Teshie, near Accra.
Prosecution said in February this year, the accused started a sexual relationship with the victim and the situation continued until October 5, this year when Asomani abducted the victim to Tarkwa in the Western Region until October 10.
Prosecution said when the victim was abducted, a report was made to the Police at Teshie. Later the victim managed to call home and alerted her father that the accused had taken her to Tarkwa.
Chief Inspector Atimbire said armed with this information, the complainant traced the accused to Tarkwa and through the assistance of the Tarkwa Police, he was arrested in his father’s house.
Prosecution said the victim disclosed to her father that while in Tarkwa, the accused had countless number of sexual intercourse with her.
Chief Inspector Atimbire said the accused was taken to the Teshie Police Station and handed over to the Domestic Violence and Victims Support Unit ((DOVVSU) for further investigations.
A police medical report form was issued to the complainant to seek medical care for the victim. Subsequently, a full report on the victim was submitted to the Police.
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- I am in charge – Bagbin tells Akufo-Addo over anti-LGBTQ+ bill
- Take care of yourself, you would be replaced when you die – Speaker to MPs
- Parliament decriminalises attempted suicide
- #NanaAt79 trends as Ghanaians celebrate Akufo-Addo on his birthday
- Criminalising attempted suicide does more harm to society than good – Bernard Ahiafor
- Here is why Ghana’s plan to push ‘pedal power’ appears doomed to failure
- Ghanaian youth entering into entrepreneurial roles commendable – CARDIFF ANALYTICA CEO
- MTN Ghana cut digital sod for ICT hub construction
- Parliament’s Education Committee to investigate UG’s refusal to reinstate Commonwealth Hall residents
- Aluminium downstream industry has huge economic potential – Abu Jinapor
- Steps to establish Ghana’s Integrated Aluminium Industry on course – Lands Minister
- Stonebwoy unveils tracklist and cover art for upcoming album ‘5th Dimension’
- Basketmouth opens up on struggles early on in comedy career
- ECG to disconnect Ho Teaching Hospital, Ho Municipal Hospital over arrears
- Video: How man used bare hands to rescue trapped gold miners in DR Congo
- McDan’s Salt Company disconnected from national grid over GH¢300k debt
- How climate change impact on fisheries is pushing artisanal fishers into IUU fishing in Ghana
- Ashanti Region records 181 maternal mortality in 2022
- Ghana Airlines will be operational by June this year – Transport Minister