Eighteen-year-old Ilaix Moriba scored his first goal for Barcelona to help them overcome Osasuna and move back to within two points of La Liga leaders Atletico Madrid.
Lionel Messi set Jordi Alba up for the opener, while Barca’s Marc-Andre ter Stegen saved well from Kike Barja and Ruben Garcia before the break.
Moriba ensured victory with an excellent finish from outside the area.
Barcelona’s crucial presidential election takes place on Sunday.
Barca, a club grappling with financial problems while also attempting to keep six-time Ballon d’Or award winner Messi, will elect a new president on Sunday from three candidates – Joan Laporta, Victor Font and Toni Freixa.
Victory was Barcelona’s second since the club’s Nou Camp offices were raided on Monday and former president Josep Maria Bartomeu was arrested in a probe related to allegations of improper management and business corruption.
Osasuna, a side 11 places adrift of Barca, were first to threaten, with Ter Stegen at full stretch to push Barja’s effort wide.
A brilliantly threaded pass from Messi and fierce finish from Alba into the roof of the net put Barca ahead, but it was Ter Stegen who ensured they maintained that lead after foiling Garcia.
Osasuna worked hard to limit Barca after the break, but they failed to find an equaliser before substitute Moriba opened his Barca account with a fine curled finish.
La Liga leaders Atletico Madrid, who were 10 points clear of Barca at the end of January, host third-placed city rivals Real Madrid on Sunday.
- Court of Appeal Judge to be investigated for ‘suspicious ruling’
- Ras Nene confronts Achimota Mall security for stopping his team from filming
- Ghana returns to gold top spot as output jumps 32%
- Gold for Oil policy cornering BDCs – Dr. Ofori
- The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician, Modestus Zame laid to rest
- Tourists watch Russian man get devoured by shark on Egypt beach
- 2022/23 GPL final day: Medeama and Bechem title tug of war, Hearts of Oak’s relegation threat
- Playback: Burial service of The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician Modestus Zame
- Minority warns against turning Green Ghana Day events into corruption schemes
- ‘Spiritualist’ on trial for allegedly defrauding client of GHȼ85,000
- Vice President Bawumia has never held British or any other citizenship – Gideon Boako
- Life lounge with Edem Knight-Tay: Only because she is a woman
- I’ve been forced out over Partygate report – Boris Johnson
- 2023 AFCONQ: Chris Hughton replaces injured Alexander Djiku with Kasim Adams
- Media Coalition Against Galamsey frustrated at non-prosecution of Akonta Mining directors
- ISSER recommends adoption of electric vehicles to achieve a low-carbon transport sector
- Prof Frimpong Boateng is a role model for fighting ‘galamsey’, follow his examples – German Ambassador urges Ghanaians
- Special Prosecutor is guest on Newsfile on Saturday, June 10
- Unemployment in Ghana is highest among female youth – ISSER report reveals alarming disparities
- GrEEn project plants 2,000 trees in Ashanti and Western regions
- Asantehene leads tree planting in Kumasi as part of Green Ghana Day initiative
- Johnnie Walker Black Label and Red Label ‘step out of boxes’
- Sankalp West Africa Summit 2023 on entrepreneurship slated for June 12
- French Open 2023: Novak Djokovic through to final after Carlos Alcaraz injury
- Man Utd owners spoke to PSG chairman about Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al Thani’s bid