Vice President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia has inaugurated the first-ever tertiary institution in the Kpandai District of the Northern Region on Sunday, November 22.
The Nkanchina College of Community Health Nursing, established on the grounds of a defunct health facility, is to provide access to the youth in the Nawuri and Nchumuru traditional areas seeking training in health care provision and also provide the necessary manpower to man facilities in the area.
Vice President Bawumia expressed delight at the establishment of the College, just before construction works begin for the Kpandai District Hospital as part of government’s ‘Agenda 111’ programme, which would see the building of district-level hospitals for everyone without as well as the upgrade of some existing ones.
“I wish to commend the chiefs, the MP, your own son Mathew Nyindam, and all the other leaders of this land for this very important move. This College has been established at a most opportune time when feasibility studies have been completed and your district hospital is about to be built. The benefits of having a hospital and a nursing training institution in the same area cannot be overemphasised,” Dr Bawumia stated.
Enumerating a list of interventions undertaken in the health sector, including reviving and turbo-charging the National Health Insurance Scheme, Vice President affirmed the NPP government’s placing of the health of the citizenry at the heart of policies and planning.
“President Akufo-Addo is determined to build Ghana’s human resource and manpower base, and the establishment of this College is another example of what we can all do to achieve this vision,” he added.
In response to a plea by the first Principal of the College, Alice Bavoh Ewuntomah, Vice President Bawumia donated a brand new Pick up truck for the school administration, and 20 laptops to the school’s ICT lab.
The Chiefs, in a welcome address, commended President Akufo-Addo for fulfilling promises made to them during his visit last year.
“The promise of extending electricity to Nkanchina has been delivered; the upgrade of the Kpandai-Salaga road is being delivered; the upgrade of the Kpandai-Nkanchina road is also being delivered; the construction of the One District One Factory has commenced in earnest, the facility for which we are all gathered here, the Nursing School, has also been delivered. These are but a few that readily come to memory.
“Your Excellency, we cannot but say a very bif thank you to your government for ensuring that this District is also benefiting from the national cake. It is our hope and prayer that the good people of Ghana will massively renew your mandate on 7th December, 2020, so that you can complete all on-going projects and also continue your good works for the people of this country.”
In another development, Vice President Bawumia has commissioned a new Police Station and cut sod for work to begin on a library complex at Lungni near Wulensi in the Nanumba South District, as part of his 3-day tour of the Northern Region
- Patients in danger as nurses head for NHS in UK – medics
- NDC punches holes into Supreme Court’s full judgement on Gyakye Quayson
- We won’t withhold our approval of Chief Justice nominee – Minority backs Gertrude Torkornoo
- Assin North By-election: Who has the edge – An analysis
- Presidential staffer declares support for Alan Kyerematen
- Our decision on Justice Torkonoo will be known after we peruse full judgement on Gyakye Quayson – Agbodza
- Midwife delivers baby in speeding commercial vehicle
- If you have God, you have everything, you lose God and lose everything –Justice Jones Dotse
- Domelevo sings: Read English translation of his cryptic song
- Our June 30th ultimatum still remains – IPPs remind government
- Controversy comes with the job – World Bank Country rep replies NDC
- Speaker’s SIM card deactivated despite re-registration in Parliament – Sam George
- Europa Conference League final: West Ham boss David Moyes says ‘best is yet to come’
- AngloGold Ashanti rolls out plastic waste management programme
- Technical director Paolo Maldini sacked by AC Milan
- French Open 2023: Djokovic beats Khachanov to reach semi-finals
- ‘You’re yet to be confirmed’- Kyei Mensah-Bonsu tells Ato Forson in ‘clash’ over Assin North by-election
- Gonorrhoea and syphilis sex infections reach record levels in England
- ‘People tried to bring a wedge between me and Anin-Yeboah’ – Justice Jones Dotse
- NSMQ 2023: Fijai SHS shines bright, secures spot in Nationals with stellar performance
- Nogokpo: ‘The energies of the land will act’ if Agyinasare defies 14-day ultimatum – Nogokpo spokesperson
- NSMQ 2023: St Mary’s Boys SHS beat Shama SHS to secure National championship spot
- Nogokpo vs Agyinasare: National Peace Council calls for calm
- ‘Ducking hell’ to disappear from Apple autocorrect
- ‘Chemical mango’ video is fake – Federation of Associations of Ghanaian Exporters clears air