People’s National Congress’ (PNC) Chairman, Bernard Mornah has been voted out of office at the PNC’s just ended National Delegates Conference, Wednesday.
He is succeeded by Moses Dani Baah who polled 1,297, beating Mornah by 31 votes.
In his concession speech, Mr Mornah urged the new leadership to strive harder to take the party to greater heights.
“I wish Moses Dani Baah, David Apasera and the rest of the team that is elected the very best in their stewardship. It is my hope that where we failed, they will succeed and where we succeeded, they will magnify. Above all, it is my hope that they will make the PNC a better political party than they have inherited.”
Meanwhile, Mr. David Apasera came out victorious in his bid to lead the PNC in the December 7 polls.
He beat his contenders, Samson Asaaki Awingobit and Rev. Samuel Adjei Baah in the polls.
While David Apasera polled 1,315 votes, Samson Asaaki polled 789 votes and Rev Samuel Adjei Baah polled 465 votes.
- 21500 healthcare workers benefit from health workforce programme
- France to end its military presence in Niger by end of 2023 – Macron
- Ghana’s gross reserves stood at 1.0 month of import cover in August 2023; trade surplus hits $2.016bn – BoG
- Alan to speak on Monday on political future after quitting NPP flagbearer race
- Livestream: The Probe discusses impact of #OccupyJulorbiHouse protest
- Dr. Sa-ad Iddrisu: Historians must document all human rights violations under Akufo-Addo’s watch
- Yaw Nsarkoh: Osagyefo & The Madiba: Global Africa in Search of Transformational Leadership in the 21st Century
- Ghanaian forward Ibrahim Sadiq gets assist as AZ Alkmaar win big in Eredivisie
- Nhyira Fm’s Mama Effe honoured at Mali’s 63rd Independence celebration in Kumasi
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: I am here for Ghanaians, not NPP or NDC – Stonebwoy
- GPL 2023/24: Hearts of Oak beat 10-man Nsoatreman; Aduana beat Medeama
- Ghanaian youngster Raymond Anokye Asante scores in back-to-back games after injury return
- Ghanaian winger Joseph Paintsil scores first goal in Genk’s dramatic draw against Truidense
- Premier League: Darwin Nunez helps fire Liverpool to win over West Ham
- One injured in gas station fire at Katamanso