Black Stars captain Andre Ayew is grateful for the massive support offered the team by Cape Coast fans following their 2-0 win over South Africa on Thursday night.
The #BringBackTheLove campaign was fully embraced in the Central Regional capital with the stadium filled to the rafters as the Black Stars got their qualification campaign for the 2021 Africa cup of Nations (AFCON) off to a flying start.
The goals came from the boots of Thomas Partey and youngster Kudus Mohammed, who was making his first appearance for the senior national team.
“All the people in Cape Coast and the fans that came to the stadium. The stadium was packed and they cheered us. Since we got here the reception was great and we really felt loved at home,” Ayew said at post-match press conference.
He added; “One thing is can say is we will come back and play in Cape Coast, we cannot say when but we’re sure we’ll come back. Ghana is a big country and we have lots of big stadiums so we have to share the love with the other cities.”
The win puts Black Stars in second place in Group C with three points. Sudan are on top of the group due to their superior goal difference as they thumped Sao Tome Principe in Khartoum on Wednesday.
Black Stars will next face Sao Tome and Principe on Monday, November 18.
- ‘It depends on if I find the right person’ – NSMQ quiz mistress on possibility of another marriage
- Thomas Partey leaves Black Stars camp, set to miss Nicaragua clash
- Global Citizen Festival brings Accra to standstill as social media goes gaga
- Mankessim: Chief in murder case is alive and behind bars – Police
- Ghana is going to have a female president one day – Akufo-Addo
- Putin fires deputy defence chief amid supply failures
- Queen Elizabeth II: Picture of chapel ledger stone released
- Benjamin Amponsah Mensah: Why Ghana must expand the use of natural gas
- Netflix warns viewers about ‘Dahmer’ being ‘too disturbing’
- Roger Federer: 20-time Grand Slam champion retires after Laver Cup loss
- Yaw Tog gifts Stormzy’s mum after Global Citizen Festival showdown
- Super Clash: Kotoko and Hearts share spoils in Kumasi
- My best friend dumped me when I took back my cheating ex
- Governments, fossil fuel companies must be held accountable for climate loss and damages – ICCCAD
- Livestream: Big Chef kitchen is hot; 2 contestants exit tonight
- Ghanaian wins St. Antony’s first ever DAC scholarship
- When the ‘one’ becomes the ‘one who got away’
- Ghana’s public debt was 80% to GDP during Covid-19 pandemic; we’ll help restore macroeconomic stability – IMF
- 12 signs you’re his ‘one that got away’
- Almost 50% of women regret this part of their relationship
- Playback: The Law discusses RTI regime and its challenges
- American Airlines passenger arrested after punching flight attendant
- Italy votes as far-right Meloni looks for victory
- Hwentea support eye, liver health – Study
- Ernest Owusu Bempah: Steve Hanke’s understanding of Ghana’s economic situation not backed by data