Gospel Musician Celestine Donkor and Highlife Artiste Akwaboah have received the nod to perform at Ghanafest 2022 in Toronto – Canada this weekend.
Organizers of the event made the announcement on their Instagram handle, while outdooring a host of other artistes to mount the stage. The event which will come off on Sunday, July 31, 2022 in Earl Bales Park, will mark its 10th anniversary.
The event will be a center of showcasing rich Ghanaian culture and heritage. After chalking success over the years, Ghanafest will replicate its impact by displaying various traditional Ghanaian foods, arts, cultural dances, fashion show amongst others. Patrons are set to experience musical performances by Ghanaian artistes, both home and abroad.
Among the few artistes selected from Ghana, are highlife musician Akwaboah and Gospel minister Celestine Donkor. The latter is currently in the American region, after a successful Celestial Praiz Concert 9 in New York last Sunday.
Akwaboah, whose Lighthouse EP has won many hearts has promised to treat fans to an awesome experience.
Also billed to perform are DJ Shorty, Slim Flex, Dice Ailes, Mzundefined, and a host of others, many of whom are based in Canada.
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Abuse of power is extremely dangerous to our burgeoning democracy – UTAG
- Ghana’s public debt up ¢6.3bn within 2 months to reach ¢575.5bn in June 2023
- Produce the alleged recording of the said inducement – National Security challenges Barker-Vormawor
- Financial system resilient to risks from macroeconomic challenges in 2022 – BoG
- When our moral fundamentals are weak, the economy will explode
- CalBank denies MD exit
- Corruption is the deadliest disease to ever hit Ghana – Domelevo
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse protest: NMC, Amnesty International Ghana condemn Police brutality
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: IGP Dampare just lost it, he’s just protecting ‘corrupt’ Akufo-Addo – Martin Kpebu
- Government must pay attention to issues plaguing creative arts industry – D-Black
- Without guarantor system, EC would’ve disenfranchised many eligible voters – Omane Boamah
- Nana Krobea Asante unhappy about Ghana’s decline in peace ranking
- OccupyGhana condemns arrests of peaceful demonstrators
- #OccupJulorbiHouse: Citizens’ rights above that of President, IGP – Kofi Bentil
- Parts of Accra flooded during Friday’s downpour