The Conference of Heads of Assisted Secondary Schools (CHASS) has rendered an unqualified apology to President Akufo-Addo for the misconduct of students at the Chiana Senior High School (SHS) in the Kassena-Nankana West District.
Some female students at the school identified to be in their second year were seen in a viral video on social media platforms using vulgar and unprintable words against President Akufo-Addo.
“The entire Upper East Regional CHASS and indeed the National Executive Council of CHASS wish to render an unqualified apology to His Excellency the President of the Republic, Management of the Ghana Education Service and the Ghanaian public for the rather disgusting utterances by these naughty students.”
CHASS in a statement jointly signed by its Chair, Mr. Richard Akumbas Ayabilla and Mr. Bukari Abdulai, Secretary, also condemned the misconduct of the students, saying it “views the conduct of the students as unfortunate and vehemently condemns the action of the girls in the said video.”
The statement assured Management of the Ghana Education Service that the matter was being investigated by Management of the Chiana SHS.
“The school Management is doing everything possible to establish the circumstances surrounding the viral video and will accordingly sanction all those who will be found culpable,” it said.
The statement assured President Akufo-Addo and Management of the GES that CHASS would never relent in its effort to ensure discipline in all Ghanaian Senior High and Senior Technical Schools.
- ECG releases load shedding timetable for March 30 to April 7
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead
- Chief of Mujipe shot dead, son in critical condition
- Social media users react to TikToker Ahoufe’s death
- Larabanga Accident: Level 200 student dead, 3 others in critical condition
- BoG denies introduction of ¢500 coin, note
- Where’s the so-called excess capacity? – John Jinapor quizzes government over load shedding timetable
- Proposed taxes are draconian – Seth Terkper
- We will resume picketing if government fails to honour payment in 2-weeks – Pensioner bondholders
- Adom FM climaxes Ghana Month celebrations with splendid cultural durbar
- We need a hospital built purposely for Members of Parliament – Henry Quartey
- North Dayi District Assembly committed to improving livelihoods of PwDs – DCE
- High Court issues bench warrant for Savelugu MP
- Enterprise Group PLC appoints Keli Gadzekpo as Group Chairman
- We hope our colleagues will help pass the 3 tax measures – Oppong Nkrumah
- Justice system has not worked for Gyakye Quayson, Assin North constituents – Mahama
- Oscar Pistorius parole bid collapses in South Africa
- This Saturday on Newsfile
- Health officer in court for allegedly defiling two teenagers at Nkwanta
- Gbewaa College incurs over GHȻ7k debt weekly to feed teacher trainees – Principal
- GAEC partners EU, IAEA UNICRI to fight organised criminal activities
- What are we on earth for? – Henry Quartey mourns death of Kumawu MP
- Online safety: Fund seeks applicants for grant awards
- Music producer Kaywa loses mother
- The Multimedia Group’s Adom brand ends Ghana month with colourful cultural display