Chief of Borae Ahenfie, Nana Meebo and two persons have been allegedly shot dead by unknown assailants at Borae Ahenfie, a farming Community, in the Krachi Nchumuru District of the Oti Region.
Some 14 people have been arrested in connection with the shooting incident and are assisting the Police in their investigations.
The District Chief Executive (DCE), Nkrumah Kwasi Ogyile, who is also the Chairman of the District Security Committee (DISEC), confirmed the incident to the Ghana News Agency (GNA) and said the assailants ambushed and shot the chief and the two to death.
He said the late chief had a misunderstanding with some factions in the community over a piece of land; a case he won at the Krachi West District Court.
Mr Ogyile noted that the late chief later presented the judgement from the court to Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCOP), Charles Dormaban, the Oti Regional Police Commander, where the factions were advised to stick to the court order.
The Chairman of the DISEC said that the late chief and two of his subjects were working on the said land, when the trio were allegedly attacked by the assailants.
He said the bodies of the deceased had been deposited at the morgue of the Krachi West District hospital for preservation.
According to him, security had been beefed up and calm restored.
- Close down Office of the Auditor-General – GHAMRO CEO fumes
- Fuel prices to increase by 7%-13% from February 1, 2023 – IES
- Al Sadd and Andre Ayew agree to contract termination
- Monkeypox Outbreak: Ghana records four deaths, 116 cases
- Ghana officially opens its market to US pork and pork products export
- Full video: SHS computerised placement for sale
- Debt Exchange Programme: Article 71 Office Holders must take a 50% haircut – Labour Federation
- Education Ministry cautions against payment of money for school placement
- Adomfe goes sombre as cop, family killed in fire are buried
- New chief falls from palanquin during coronation in Central Region
- ‘Placement for sale’ exposé makes nonsense of CSSPS – Clement Apaak
- I don’t have confidence Akufo-Addo is committed to fighting corruption – Sulemana Braimah
- Bawumia hosts American Football delegation as 9 young Ghanaians set for NFL Pro Bowl in the US
- AfDB and IFAD to build food systems resilience in Africa through ‘Mission 1 for 200’ initiative
- Swansea fans clamor for Andre Ayew return
- Total Mobile Money transactions hit record ¢1.07trillion in 2022
- CHAN 2022: We didn’t deserve to lose – Annor Walker on defeat to Niger
- Novak Djokovic says 10th Australian Open is his ‘biggest victory’
- T-bills auction: Government records 60% oversubscription
- Novak Djokovic: Why can’t the next generation stop the Australian Open champion?
- Michael B. Jordan jokes about his break up with Lori Harvey during ‘SNL’ monologue
- Malta Guinness WPL: Ridge City still winless as Hasaacas Ladies beat LadyStrikers
- The Fourth Estate uncovers fraud in SHS computerised placement
- Ghanaian Farmer TV host to join agric stakeholders in Turkey to promote farmers’ success stories
- Modernisation, harmonisation of regulatory frameworks critical for universal broadband coverage by 2030 – Ralph Mupita