Audio By Carbonatix
The nine-member committee tasked to probe the collapse of Unibank and UT Bank has directed the petitioners to submit all necessary documents to support their petition.
Chairman of the Committee, Joseph Osei-Owusu, said the documentation will serve as a guide to the committee moving forward.
“The committee met last week and after reading the petition, we decided to call on the petitioners to bring to us all the documents on which they based their petition and request so that the committee will review them and then guide us on the way forward. We have not as yet received them,” he said.
He explained that the committee is expected to meet in two weeks’ time to peruse the documents to be submitted by the petitioners.
“I think we agreed that we will reconvene in two weeks because we are allowing them a week to submit and one week for us to study the documents, and then we start our work,” he added.
The owners of the bank, Prince Kofi Amoabeng and Dr Kwabena Duffuor on March 19, 2021, petitioned Parliament to circumstances that led to the collapse of the banks.
The petition among other things called for an investigation into the conduct of the Bank of Ghana and the Ghana Stock Exchange in the revocation of the licenses of UT Bank and Unibank.
Latest Stories
-
Tell Your Story: Political, business and industry leaders to share journey with young Ghanaians
19 seconds -
‘Gold cannot save you at 2am’ – Obuobia Darko challenges mining giants to invest in healthcare
9 minutes -
Wontumi’s incarceration will not stop his chairmanship bid – Palgrave
17 minutes -
Eurobond borrowings over 2007-2021 used for budget financing; Ghana borrowed US$15.59bn – Opoku-Afari
22 minutes -
Newborn baby found in dustbin at Kasoa Main Station toilet
27 minutes -
Ghanaian skincare brand KAEME wins DHL ESG Excellence Exporter of the Year award
1 hour -
Ho Communique: Democracy Not for Sale
1 hour -
National Health Insurance Levy Uncapped: The Game Changer
1 hour -
Akwatia MP accuses Minority of shifting GoldBod debate from facts to personal attacks
2 hours -
Gov’t to spend GH¢2.8bn on secondary infrastructure as Education Minister pushes foundational learning
2 hours -
This is the result of GoldBod activities – Akim Oda MP demand answers over $1.7bn loss
2 hours -
Photos: Sammy Gyamfi at Government Accountability Series
2 hours -
Ghana School of Law SRC President-elect petitions authorities for relief for referred students
3 hours -
Promasidor Ghana unveils Onga Mix Tomato Paste, names Diana Hamilton brand ambassador
3 hours -
‘You admitted the loss, now account for the GH¢22bn’ – Minority hits back at GoldBod CEO
3 hours