The National Science and Maths Quiz (NSMQ) Coach for Presec Legon has urged students not be scared of the Integrated Science subject.
Dzidekpor Affram said learning science is fun and students should challenge themselves by learning the intricacies it comes with.
“It’s exciting to be a scientist. Science will groom you to be able to think physically, logically and analytically,” he said.
He was speaking when the NMSQ 2020 champions, Legon Presec team, together with the Quiz mistress Elsie Kaufmann, as well as Managing Director of Primetime Limited, Nana Akua Akoma-Asare appeared on Joy FM’s Super Morning Show on Friday morning.
Legon Presec, Thursday, made away with their sixth trophy after beating Opoku Ware SHS (OWASS) and Adisadel College (Adisco) in the finals with 36 points, against 31 for Adisco and 21 for OWASS.
The dream was made possible by their players super-sub Isaac Kofi Gyamfi, Benjamin Quansah Nketsiah and Gakpetor Daniel Kekeli.
They shared that the dream was possible as a result of hardwork, perseverance and a vision to win the trophy.
“The starting point of every success is the mindset. What the mind can’t achieve, your body cannot make a reality,” Benjamin Quansah Nketsiah, one of the contestants who led the team to victory shared.
He further urged his fellow students to work hard in order to be successful in their field of studies.
“…such that when you see other people playing and making a lot of noise, because your vision is set, you’ll not join them. Instead, you’ll go and study and pray as well,” he added.
- Sam George: Lack of bed and ambulance led to death of a 12-year-old
- Ordering loophole allowed students to eat for free at KFC for six months
- Woman attacked by wild antelope succumbs to death
- Ernest Ako (Former IGP)
- Parliament will carry out its own investigation into alleged assault on Citi FM journalists – James Agalga
- Accounts of how some people are treated by National Security shocking – Samson Lardi
- Playback: Newsfile discusses alleged assault on Citi FM journalists, Otumfuo joins ‘galamsey’ fight
- Social media reacts to Affail Monney’s apology on Citi FM journalist’s breach of ethics comment
- I’m surprised DSP Azugu is still at post after Ayawaso West Wuogon violence – James Agalga
- Complaints by aggrieved KATH staff have been resolved – Head of Surgery Directorate
Greed, dishonesty and hypocrisy must be eschewed in ‘galamsey’ fight – Asantehene
Emotional Stephen Appiah tears up talking about son Rodney
Attacks on journalists: Seek help from international bodies if national agencies fail to address problem – Ken Ashigbey
Shun party politics at the workplace – Central Regional Minister
GPL: Four games to lookout for on matchday 25
Wesley Girls no fasting policy: Peace Council calls on Ghanaians to be circumspect in pronouncements
Israel strike in Gaza destroys building with AP, other media
Chinese busted for mining at River Pra by military task force
Rotary Club builds classroom block for Yahima SDA
Government must involve local communities in anti-galamsey campaign – Galamsey Researcher
We’ll fully cooperate with Energy Minister to facilitate lifting of new LPG outlets ban – LPG Marketers Association
Covid-19 has affected blood mobilisation – Dr Srofenyo
We have $200m for you to borrow – ECOWAS Bank to governments, businesses
Ban on drumming and noisemaking imposed in Korle-Klottey as preparations towards Homowo begin