Audio By Carbonatix
The Food and Drugs Authority (FDA) has ordered an immediate suspension of the manufacture of Tasty Tom Enriched Tomato Mix, citing serious health and safety breaches at the production facility of Nutrifoods Ghana Limited.
The decision, according to a press statement issued on Sunday, August 3, follows an earlier directive for the recall of all canned Tasty Tom Enriched Tomato Mix products, as well as specified batches of the product in 380g and 1.05kg pouches.
The FDA's action was prompted by numerous consumer complaints and a subsequent investigation into the company's operations.
Findings from the FDA inspection revealed poor maintenance of key manufacturing equipment and a lack of adequate monitoring systems to ensure product safety.



These lapses were found to compromise the integrity of the tomato mix, especially in canned variants where faulty sealing mechanisms led to contamination.
Several pouches were reported to be bloated, and in some instances, mould was discovered, posing serious risks to consumer health.
The FDA emphasised the gravity of the situation: “These breaches present unacceptable risks to public health. We have acted swiftly to suspend production and ensure the affected products are removed from the market.”
The Authority also disclosed that Nutrifoods had previously been barred from manufacturing the tomato mix in January 2025, raising questions about compliance and regulatory enforcement.
As a result, the FDA has launched an internal probe to determine whether any lapses occurred within its regulatory oversight.
“We are committed to transparency and accountability. Should any internal failings be identified, decisive action will be taken to strengthen our regulatory framework,” the FDA assured.

According to the statement, retailers, wholesalers, and the general public are advised to take immediate note of this directive and cooperate fully with the ongoing recall.
Consumers in possession of the affected products are encouraged to return them to their point of purchase and report any adverse effects experienced.
Nutrifoods has, in a communique, agreed to recall products with the specified batch numbers as directed by the FDA.
Latest Stories
-
AyaSol initiative launched to support youth-led solar businesses in Ghana
8 minutes -
Photos: e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soirée on AI-driven cyber threats
21 minutes -
World Corporate Golf Challenge Ghana officially launches 2026 season
22 minutes -
Prof Gyampo Writes: Democracy, free speech and the survival of the Ghanaian polity
38 minutes -
e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soiree on AI-era leadership and cyber threats
43 minutes -
Mahama rejects ‘kenkey and waakye party’ celebration after IMF exit, says economy still work in progress
49 minutes -
David Hundeyin to release documentary on Tanzania election violence coverage
2 hours -
Photos: President Mahama cuts sod for 24-hour economy market in Bole
2 hours -
Ghana-eligible midfielder Kofi Amoako joins Hamburg from Dynamo Dresden
2 hours -
Mahama commissions Yamoransa Model Lab 13 to advance STEM and digital skills training
3 hours -
Youth Ministry says nearly 90,000 young people are employed under government programmes
4 hours -
Adaklu Mountain now a security zone – Volta Regional Minister
4 hours -
Volta Regional Minister assures PAC of stricter supervision of government projects
4 hours -
Can Parliament enforce its own laws?
5 hours -
ECG announces major transformer upgrade at Batsonaa – see the affected areas
5 hours