The final funeral rites of Hajia Mariama Bawumia, the mother of Vice President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia, has been scheduled for October 24, 2021.
This follows her burial on Tuesday, September 14, 2021, at Walewale in accordance with Islamic customs.
Mourners from all political divides, state agencies, among others joined the bereaved family to give Hajia Bawumia a befitting burial.
KB Mahama, a Special Assistant to Dr Bawumia, announced the date in a Facebook post as he thanks Ghanaians for their support.
He wrote: Thank you Ghana for showing the Vice President and family love, for commiserating with them and for all the donations made to support the family during the period of greater trial: 24th October is the final rites/prayer at Walewale.
Hajia Bawumia died on Monday morning, September 13, 2021.
According to reports, she had been unwell and hospitalised over the past few weeks.
- Mobile Money transactions in only 2 months of 2023 hit ¢264.1bn
- We would all have sworn to Antoa if my dad was alive – Zanetor Rawlings
- Kamala Harris urges Ghana’s creditors to help meet debt obligation amid IMF talks
- I don’t know – Akufo-Addo on presence or otherwise of Al-Qaeda troops in Ghana
- Speculation that NDC imposed its decision on Minority Caucus is untrue – Sammy Gyamfi
- Popular American filmmaker Spike Lee is in Ghana
- T-Bills auction: sales undersubscribed by 23%; interest rates remain stable
- BoG increases policy rate to 29.5%; loans to remain expensive
- We’re committed to helping Ghana resolve current economic crisis – China assures
- Ghana records $752.8m trade surplus in first 2 months of 2023
- Israel Laryea is away “on loan” at Influencer Africa
- Patriotism won over partisanship – Annoh-Dompreh on approval of six ministerial nominees
- Livestream: PM Express discusses NDCs betrayal
- Fight against galamsey will be won if Akufo-Addo loses power – Kwakye Ofosu
- People fail in life due to their mindset – Motivational speaker
- Become the voice of climate change reporting – Climate Change Fellows urged
- Destination Ghana Global Project announces This Is Africa Festival
- Kamala Harris features Black Sherif, Amaarae on Spotify playlist
- Kwaebibirem United FC to raise funds to support operation of the club
- 9-year-old Fotocopy makes history with two concerts in a day
- Ivy Setordjie: Drinking to a warming globe – Part 1
- World Theater Day: Stakeholders urged to commit more resources to industry
- I did not defy orders not to vote for Akufo-Addo’s ministerial nominees – Akatsi North MP
- I was sexually harassed on a bus – Ernest Opoku reveals
- Ghanaians are not go-getters compared to Nigerians – Oscar Bimpong