A fire outbreak at the Sekondi Landing Beach in the Western Region has destroyed several canoes.
According to eyewitnesses, the fire started after premix fuel being poured out by some fishermen came into contact with an open fire that was being used to cook nearby.
Owing to the flammable nature of the fuel, the fire quickly spread to other parts of the facility.
Several canoes and other fishing equipment have been destroyed following a fire outbreak at Sekondi Landing Beach. pic.twitter.com/8rizEjy94R— Ama Cromwell (@cromwell_ama) November 19, 2020
The Western Regional Correspondent, Ina-Thalia Quansah on Joy FM’s Newsnite Thursday reported that the inferno which started around 4:00 pm is still blazing although firefighters are at the scene to douse it.
Fishermen at the scene during an interview confirmed that some people had sustained various degrees of injuries and have been taken to the hospital.
No deaths have so far been co
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana to further junk status, warns investors could lose in debt restructuring
- Organised Labour rejects 18% salary increment
- “We’ve been tracking Mohammed Kudus for more than one year” – Barcelona Director
- Qatar 2022: “Kudus is currently the World Cup best player” – Prince Boateng
- Some OMCs start reducing fuel prices, GOIL down by 3.5%
- Minority welcomes government’s decision to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- Ronaldo receives $225m offer to play for Saudi Arabian club
- Ato Forson calls out ministers and MPs for abandoning 2023 budget to watch football in Qatar
- ‘Insulting’ Ashanti Regional NSS Boss to appear before Committee of Inquiry
- 2023 Budget: TUC rejects government’s salary projection of ₵44.9m
- Ghana football: How to dribble around nationality rules
- Cyril Ramaphosa: South African president faces threat of impeachment over ‘Farmgate’
- Moody’s downgrade is a signal that investors must exercise patience – Prof. Peprah
- Seek out Vulture investors now – Prof. Peprah to Ofori-Atta
- Banks, investment firms have not acted fairly towards Ghanaian investors – Dr. Atuahene
- National Queen Mothers Platform joins fight against illegal mining
- Defer interest payments and pay principals – Prof. Peprah
- Harmattan Season: Wildfires destroy food crops in North-East Region
- NHIA opens new office at Mion
- Second Lady calls for comprehensive development of children
- Include persons with mental health conditions in immunization programmes – MindFreedom Ghana to GHS
- Ofori-Atta has more integrity than 99% of politicians – Prof. Stephen Adei
- Directors of ‘The Woman King’ auditioned me for a role – Prince David Osei
- Government’s management of economy commendable – Prof Adei
- Supreme Court dismisses suit against GRA’s pay 30% before challenging Act