Actress, Rosemond Alade Brown, popularly known as Akuapem Poloo, has officially rendered an apology to the youth, particularly her fans.
This is due to her deceptive social media lifestyle, which she thinks has had a bad impact on some young people including those who may look up to her as a role model.
Akuapem Poloo has been known for displaying luxury vehicles as birthday gifts every year. This year, none of these were seen in her post.
On her 34th birthday celebration, the actress did not flaunt any cars as birthday presents, although she received other gifts such as money and clothes.
According to her, ignorance and immaturity led to her forging her lifestyle on social media as she was young.
However, she has changed her ways after realising that such a lifestyle could have a negative impact on the youth, especially those who look up to her as a role model.
Therefore, she has appealed to all young people and fans to forgive her and mend their ways, just as she has done.
The actress also revealed that the majority of social media users, particularly celebrities, lie about receiving luxurious cars as birthday presents.
She made this known during an interview on Prime Morning with host, Roselyn Felli on Friday.
“People even buy cars for themselves and say that someone has dashed them. It’s crazy, and now the youth are being misled. I’ve regretted it, and if I have ever misled any youth, they should just forgive me,” she pleaded.
The actress was recently spotted in a dancing video on her page revealing some parts of her body in celebration of her birthday.
This sparked criticism on social media based on the fact that she is now a Muslim, and the religion frowns upon such behaviours.
Asked why she did that, she said, “They don’t expect me to cover my skin when I’m talking about skin care products, so how do people see that the skin care product is working on my skin. I’m a brand ambassador for a skin care product, so I had to show my skin.”
However, she has stated that she has plans on giving birth again, but after marriage, because she does not want her previous mistake to repeat itself.
- Ghana’s economy not yet on a recovery path – Prof. Mensah insists
- Over 5,000 people benefit from free health screening by Lifetime Wells Vision
- We needed someone to get us goals, and Mohammed Kudus did – West Ham boss David Moyes
- Stop lecturing us, Guinea junta leader tells West
- PAC’s order to MMDAs to stop engaging our services is unfortunate and surprising – Zoomlion
- Over 350 farmers receive 53,000 tree crop seedlings in Sekyere Kumawu District
- ‘Things have deteriorated’ – E.L spotted at #OccupyJulorBiHouse protest Day 2
- Akufo-Addo was not sincere with Ghanaians in his self-assessment of fighting corruption – Domelevo
- Tunisia arrests cartoonist for drawings mocking PM
- Missing Nigerian journalist found dead in pit
- Don’t disenfranchise persons with disabilities – Ghana Federation of Disability to EC
- Man arrested for dishonestly selling land, others for ₵230k
- FIFA boss Infantino discusses football growth in Rwanda with President Paul Kagame
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: The dramatic arrests, harassment, abuse, and more on Day 1
- MTN MoMo, ECG and Hubtel partner to provide enhanced Bill Payment Solutions to customers