Audio By Carbonatix
Former Spain and Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina will retire from football at the end of the season, the 42-year-old said late on Monday.
Reina, a product of Barcelona's academy, spent eight seasons at Liverpool, where he won the FA Cup and League Cup while also earning the Premier League Golden Glove award for most clean sheets in his first three seasons with the club.
He went on to play for Bayern Munich, Napoli and AC Milan before signing for Como in July last year, making 11 appearances in the current Serie A campaign.
"A very beautiful career is coming to an end, a very full life. I feel very fortunate for what I've experienced," Reina, who could make his final appearance in Como's meeting with Inter Milan on Friday, told Movistar.
" didn't expect it, but I think the time has come and I feel like bringing it to a close here."
Reina, who said he is looking to move into coaching, also made 36 appearances for Spain and was part of the squad which won the World Cup in 2010 as well as the European Championship in 2008 and 2012.
Latest Stories
-
NSMQ 2026: Tears of relief as Labone SHS survive Notre Dame Sem. in thriller to secure one-eighth spot
11 minutes -
Onga Tomato Mix unveils Diana Hamilton as Brand Ambassador
19 minutes -
NSMQ 2026: Winneba Secondary School holds off Fijai SHS to reach one-eighth stage
28 minutes -
KNUST assures staff, public over statute review process amid UTAG concerns
37 minutes -
CLOGSAG Executive Secretary Dr Isaac Bampoe Addo passes on
39 minutes -
Take post-flood disinfection seriously to prevent disease outbreaks – Environmental Health Officer backs Zoomlion
51 minutes -
Zoomlion launches fumigation exercise across 14 MMDAs in Western Region
58 minutes -
UTAG-KNUST votes to retain elections for Pro-Vice Chancellors and Deans
1 hour -
Newsfile to discuss nationwide blackouts, GoldBod controversy, galamsey and water quality
1 hour -
Adamus must settle GRA, MIIF and financial institutions liabilities under new turnaround roadmap
1 hour -
Big Chef Season Five returns with Gari Fotor Challenge this Sunday
2 hours -
Gov’t to form 6-member team to supervise Adamus mine turnaround
2 hours -
Wontumi is not Mandela, NPP must be realistic about chairmanship bid – Musa Danquah
2 hours -
Government gives Adamus Resources reprieve, orders 12-month turnaround plan
2 hours -
Road Ministry to report two people to EOCO for influencing property owners affected by road constructions
2 hours