Former Chairman of the Ghana Football Association, Dr Nyaho Nyaho-Tamakloe has stated George Afriyie is not competent to lead the football governing body or contest for its election.
Afriyie is one of two persons to have filed for nominations to challenge for the presidential seat of the GFA, the other being Kurt Okraku, whose administration is still in office.
Having lost out on the seat to the Dreams FC Bankroller four years ago, Afriyie will be looking to unseat Okraku during this year’s election should they receive clearance for an Accra High Court after King Faisal’s injunction.
However, the Hearts of Oak Board Member believes the former GFA vice president is not fit to become the GFA’s head.
“George Afriyie has been there before…I believe strongly that he was a co-pilot during Kwesi [Nayntakyi’s] time and when he allowed certain to take place, some of the blame can be put on you,” he said on Joy Sports’ Prime Take.
“That in itself, to me, does not qualify him now to come to the scene at all [as GFA President].
But I believe strongly [that] if he rather teams up with the present leadership, they will work in unism.
“It will be good for the country and for football in general.”
The GFA also announced it had decided to put its 2023 GFA Election Timetable on hold due to the injunction by King Faisal.
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Policeman sits on the floor to plead with demonstrators to unblock roads
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Let’s tread cautiously as investigations continue – Domelevo
- UEFA awards Mohammed Kudus’ second goal to him after initially declaring it own goal against Backa Topola
- Cecilia Dapaah case: People must guard against contempt in commentary – Gary Nimako
- The Career Trail: Quitting banking for jewellery business; Ella Cadie’s bold career shift
- I’ll release audio recording of Kan Dapaah’s $1m offer to silence me – Barker-Vormawor
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Police arresting protesters without a warrant was unlawful – Inusah Fuseini
- Photos and videos: Protesters hit the street on day 3 of #OccupyJulorbiHouse demonstration
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Organisers of demonstrations must respect the law – Gary Nimako
- Ghana is in a leadership crisis; African leaders lack consciousness – Prof Adu-Gyamfi
- MMALABS signs MoU with Spintex Medical Center to boost quality healthcare
- NPP flagbearer race: Bawumia suspends campaign over ongoing limited registration exercise
- Sharaf Mahama celebrates 26th birthday with donation and reading session with kids
- I’m not the 3rd richest man in Ghana – Dr Kwame Addo-Kufuor
- Desist from registering JHS 1 and 2 students for BECE – Public school heads warned