Audio By Carbonatix
Government has confirmed that eight Ghanaian nationals have been killed following a terrorist attack in Titao, in the northern province of Burkina Faso.
In a press release issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the government said the deadly jihadist assault, which occurred on February 14, 2026, initially claimed the lives of seven members of the Ghana National Tomatoes Traders and Transporters Association who were engaged in lawful trading activities in the area.
However, the death toll has now risen to eight after one of the four injured survivors, who had been receiving medical treatment, succumbed to injuries.
"The Government of the Republic of Ghana regrets to inform that the recent jihadist attack of 14th February, 2026 in Titao, in the northern province of Burkina Faso has now claimed eight Ghanaian lives," the statement noted.
President John Dramani Mahama and the Government of Ghana expressed profound condolences to the bereaved families and loved ones of the deceased.
“The Government of Ghana strongly condemns this mindless act of terror and expresses its solidarity with the Government and people of Burkina Faso in this dark hour.
"This despicable horror must remind us of the urgent need for a new collective approach in pursuing regional security as Ghana has consistently called for, and which we reiterated at last month’s High-Level Consultative Conference on Regional Cooperation and Security hosted by President John Mahama,” the statement said.


Latest Stories
-
Air Algérie Group and Africa Prosperity Network sign deal to advance ‘Make Africa Borderless Now!’ agenda
24 minutes -
Africa Prosperity Network, Ethiopian Airlines explore partnership to advance ‘Make Africa Borderless Now!’ agenda
35 minutes -
The truth about doing business in Ghana — Jacob West CEO Michael Kyei-Ayensu shares experience
3 hours -
From UK losses to Ghana gains: CEO of Jacob West Limited Michael Kyei-Ayensu details real estate journey
3 hours -
Over 1,000 Kenyans enlisted to fight in Russia-Ukraine war, report says
3 hours -
Robert Mugabe’s son arrested in South Africa on suspicion of attempted murder
4 hours -
Minority rejects Security and Intelligence Agencies Bill, cites ‘excessive executive powers’
4 hours -
Islamist militants accused of killing 34 in raids on Nigerian villages
4 hours -
DVLA commissions new premium service centre in Kumasi to better serve customers
4 hours -
BoG warns of downside risks to cedi as a result of dividend payments
4 hours -
Consumer spending posted mixed performance in 11 months of 2025 – BoG
4 hours -
Wa District Magistrate Court convicts three for unlawful possession of firearms and ammunition
4 hours -
There is no governance gap at Defence Ministry – Kwakye Ofosu
5 hours -
Mahama to appoint Defence Minister ‘at the right time’ – Government
5 hours -
GRA boss donates to Mahama Cares
5 hours
