Ghana’s 100m record holder, Benjamin Azamati, won Heat 7 of the men’s 100m race while Sean Sarfo-Antwi also finished fourth at the ongoing Commonwealth Games in Birmingham.
Azamati, despite a shaky start to the event, finished first with a time of 10.19s to advance to the semi-finals of the 100m.
Sean Sarfo-Antwi also secured a semi-final berth after running 10.33 in Heat 10.
Sarfo-Antwi finished behind Jerod Elcock, Emanuel Archibald and Stephan Charles but still qualified for the next phase.
The semifinals are scheduled for Wednesday, August 3.
- Chinese nationals release dogs on GRA tax officers at quarry site
- Police pursue Caprice robbery suspects
- Beautiful photos drop as Mahama’s son and Algerian wife welcome their 1st child
- Domestic Debt Exchange: Time ticks for bondholders
- Alan Kyerematen’s campaign song pops up at Kufuor’s 84th birthday bash
- Some ministers I reshuffled are no more friends with me – Mahama
- 1$ now ¢12.80
- Kofi Kinaata’s ‘Made in Taadi’ 2022 edition cancelled
- Court discharges 6 Policemen accused of bullion van robberies
- Andre Ayew pays courtesy call on National Chief Imam with daughter
- George Floyd: Ex-officer J Alexander Kueng sentenced for manslaughter
- Ukraine war: US says Iran now Russia’s ‘top military backer’
- Livestream: Newsfile discusses Minority’s failed censure motion and Ghana’s debt exchange programme
- US sports journalist dies in Qatar during Argentina v Netherlands game
- Kweku Antwi Boasiako: Etymology of husband and wife
- World Cup 2022: Brazil ‘in pain’ after exit on penalties against Croatia
- World Cup 2022: Messi the master as Argentina beat Netherlands in chaotic Qatar classic
- Newmont Ahafo Mine recognised for spearheading Agricultural Development in Ahafo
- DBG participates in AADFI CEOs FORUM for African DFIs
- Kuami Eugene, Adina, Joe Mettle, Lasmid and others to thrill fans at 2022 MTN Carols Night
- Government to set up Agricultural Development Zone in Northern Region
- Remembrance yields praises —Elder Nana Amo Tobin
- How long does it take to fall in love?
- Ghana Cedi: From worst to best performer against dollar
- COVID-19: Vulnerable populations face higher burden of morbidity and mortality – Health Minister