Traditional leaders and residents of Gomoa Akraman in the Gomoa East District of the Central Region have appealed to the Inspector General of Police to intervene as a matter of urgency as they say land guards are taking over their community.
One person was shot dead whilst several others were injured following an invasion of the community by alleged land guards on Tuesday, November 8.
Head of the Asena Royal Family at Gomoa Akraman, David Acquah narrated the incident to JoyNews.
“On Tuesday, I was in town when they called me that Rahman with land guards has been on our lands. So the youth of the town also said they cannot sit down for Rahman to come and take our land.
“There was a clash between the land guards and my citizens. In fact, there was a gunshot and one of the land guards lost his life. As I speak now, four of my citizens have been arrested and detained at the Regional Police Headquarters,” he said.
According to David Acquah, the land guards are demolishing their structures and have laid claim to their lands.
He told JoyNews that the leader of the land guards, Rahman has been invited by the Police on several occasions but ignored the invite.
“We called on him at the Regional Police Command, he failed to come. The Police sent him to the Director-General of CID, but he failed to come. At the Director of Operations too, Rahman failed to respond. So it means that Rahman is bigger than Ghana Police that is why I am calling on the IGP to intervene in our issue.”
- Ablakwa kicks court writ on the ground upon service by bailiff
- Rev Kusi Boateng injuncts Ablakwa from further publications on him
- GOIL attributes drop in diesel price to Gold for Oil barter deal
- Rev Victor Kusi Boateng sues Ablakwa for defamation
- I’ve instructed my lawyers to act on Rev Kusi Boateng’s injunction against me – Ablakwa
- GRA withdraws $672m back-tax demand from MTN Group
- Ebenezer Kojo Kum resigns as Chieftaincy Minister
- I kicked out 6 social media influencers from set – Yvonne Nelson reveals
- I did national service in Aliu Mahama’s office despite being NDC member – Sam George
- Teacher confesses to having sex in classroom with 12-year-old, police say
- Even Obama will have problems fighting corruption in Ghana – Kofi Bentil
- Bawku Killings: We are preparing ourselves for an explosion we can’t contain – Kofi Bentil
- We are not concerned about tradability of our bonds – Martin Kpebu replies Finance Ministry
- Government’s arrogant posturing to blame for challenges with implementation of DDEP – Alhassan Suhuyini
- My account on Bawku killings based on eye witness report – Ayariga
- Bawku killings: Families of deceased must be duly compensated – Ayariga
- US FDA says India-made eye drop linked to some infections, blindness and one death
- Murder case involving Ghanaian resident in Canada adjourned to February 16
- Court quashes suspension of Kuapa Kokoo President after months of litigation
- I don’t want the President’s hand in investigating Bawku killings – Ayariga
- The Catholic pilgrims who walked 9 days to see Pope Francis
- Ghana Gas signs US$700m deal for second gas processing plant
- Treasure Kids Newspaper relaunched to encourage reading
- Stonebwoy releases brand new single “More Of You”
- Playback: Newsfile discusses revised DDE, CPI 2022 report and CSSPS expose