A gospel musician is up in arms over the death of his brother on Monday.
Perpetual Didier is accusing some police officers of allegedly brutalising her 32-year-old brother at the West Hills Mall in Weija.
According to Perpetual, her brother was billed to leave for Germany after spending the holidays in Ghana.
In a Facebook live stream, the teary singer chronicled events leading up to the 32-year-old’s demise which started from his trip to the shopping mall to purchase some items.
Per Perpetual Didier’s narration, the young man called Shadrach Arloo had withdrawn an undisclosed amount of money for the items when he was stopped for a search by the police.
The security officials reportedly demanded that he discloses the content of his bag which he had told them contained cash.
Shadrach, according to the gospel musician’s account, refused to allow the officer to search him for fear that an illegal substance may be planted inside by the officers.
Perpetual Didier said he recommended that they rather proceed to a police station for him to disclose the content.
But she said this did not go down well with the officers during which he was shoved to the ground and hit his head into unconsciousness.
She added that Schadrach was further shocked with the taser after which he died.
According to Perpetual Didier, the case has been reported at Kasoa SCC Police station while the body of the deceased has since been deposited at the Police Hospital morgue.
The musician is calling for justice for her brother.
Meanwhile, the Ghana Police Service is yet to comment on the matter.
- 3 die, 8 go blind as FDA cautions against certain eyedrop brands
- Parliament approves all six ministerial nominees
- Get financing assurances from creditors, partners before Board approval – IMF to Ghana
- Minority MPs oppose approval of 2 Supreme Court Justice nominees
- Playback: MPs voting on approval of Akufo-Addo’s ministerial appointees
- Akufo-Addo laughs over Volta Regional Minister’s new nickname- ‘Triple 66’
- AFCON 2023Q: Benching Andre Ayew was my choice – Chris Hughton
- ‘I’ll direct that your hand be cut off one day’ – Speaker teases Afenyo-Markin
- We’ve had positive talks with China over $1.7bn debt – Finance Minister
- 2023 AFCONQ: Ghana 1-0 Angola: Player Ratings – Partey shines, Mensah struggles
- U23 AFCON 2023Q: Black Meteors held to 1-1 draw in Algeria
- Principal fired after Florida students shown Michelangelo statue
- Vatican returns Parthenon sculptures to Greece
- Chad nationalises assets belonging to Exxon Mobile
- NPP Bono Regional Organizer supports TESCON with 200k
- Mbappe scores in France heavy win over Netherlands
- This woman left her AirPods on a plane. She tracked them to an airport worker’s home
- Cedi depreciates by 22.1% in March 2023 – BoG
- I am not ready to die – Bagbin says as he calls for adjournment of prolonged sitting
- Ghana’s debt unchanged at ¢575.7bn – BoG
- Government makes additional payment for outstanding coupons
- Speaker congratulates approved ministerial nominees
- Playback: One-on-one with Prof Ofori Birikorang on PM Express
- This Saturday on Newsfile
- 1.4 million tons of food are lost annually along the food chain