Government will pay 60% of the loan facility tabled before Parliament for the purchases of vehicles for members of the 8th Parliament and members of the Council of State.
The State will bear 60% of the principal sum and all the interest that will accrue on the loan, while MPs and Council of State Members will also pay the remaining 40% of the loan facility.
This was contained in a document intercepted by Adom News.
Per the arrangement, the state will absorb $373,333.33 representing 60% while an amount of $248,888.89 representing 40% will be paid by MPs.
Per the agreement, if approved by Parliament each of the 275 MPs and each of the 31-member council of state members will receive about $100,000 for the purchase of a vehicle.
According to the agreement, the repayment of the facility by the beneficiaries shall be made from deduction at source by the Parliamentary Service of Ghana to the National Investment Bank.
The documents intercepted by Adom News as contained in the agreement indicate that, while the $28 million facility has to be paid within a 45-month period, the $3.5 million loan facility is to be paid within 42 months.
On July 6, 2021, a Deputy Minister of Finance, Abena Osei Asare on behalf of the sector Minister tabled two different loan agreements in Parliament to that effect.
The documents are currently before Parliament’s Finance Committee for consideration and report for the House approval.
The government is seeking Parliament’s approval to secure a $28 million loan facility from the National Investment Bank for the initiative, an additional $3.5 million loan agreement with the NIB to purchase vehicles for the 31-member council of state has been laid.
Apart from the repayments by MPs, each of the 31 Council of State Members will pay $33,333.33 representing 40% and the government will also bear the outstanding $50,000.00 representing 60%.
The repayment by the beneficiaries and the Government of Ghana shall be made at the end of every month for the duration of the Agreement.
The repayment of the facility by the beneficiaries shall be made through their monthly entitlements.
In the coming days, the Finance Committee of Parliament is expected to present their report as referred by the First Deputy Speaker of Parliament, Joseph Osei Owusu.
- Missing pregnant woman in Takoradi found at Axim
- Female prayer warrior leaves church to marry fetish priest
- ‘We’re tired of directionless leadership’ – #FixTheCountry protester
- Milo will need a miracle to qualify Ghana for Qatar 2022 – John Paintsil
- Ablakwa to file another urgent question in Parliament over Akufo-Addo’s ‘extravagant’ foreign trips
- Tamale residents accuse Police of assault over illegal electrical connections
- Fugees announce reunion tour, Ghana listed among countries
- Ghanaians celebrate first president with #KwameNkrumahMemorialDay
- Abibata Shanni Mahama Zakariah is new MASLOC CEO
- Peace Council presents report to National Security about marginalised residents of Volta Region
Yaw Mensah: The mining sector in Ghana – an economic driver that could be improved
Tree Crops Development Authority won’t set prices – CEO clarifies
Cashew stakeholders call for research into developing new and improved cashew variant
Seth Tekper: Is government treating exceptional IMF SDR flows as appendix footnote?
Today’s front pages: Wednesday, September 22, 2021
Peugeot Landtrek Double Cabin 4×4 vehicle launched; assembling of Peugeot vehicles in Ghana to begin in March 2022
COCOBOD to sign $1.5 billion Syndication Loan for 2021/2022 cocoa season
Joy Business partners Canada-Ghana Chamber of Commerce to strengthen trade ties
Only fully vaccinated Ghanaians can travel to France without PCR test, quarantines – French Ambassador to Ghana
Police deny NPP executives’ bail request for 12 arrested protestors in North East Region
Police interdicts 4 officers who assaulted Tamale residents over illegal connection
Hasten SDGs implementation to build fairer, prosperous world – Akufo-Addo urges leaders
Fugees announce reunion tour, Ghana listed among countries
12 arrested over violence at Chereponi after release of MMDCE nominees list
Public workers in Tamale protest over 2020/2021 percentage in wages increment