Audio By Carbonatix
The Ministry of Health (MOH), on Friday, received medical equipment and test kits from Nilex Corp Company Limited, producers and suppliers of medical devices, for enhanced Covid-19 testing.
The items, which were handed over to the Ministry by Nilesh More, Managing Director of Nilex Corp Company Limited, were made up of Veri-Q analysers and 10,000 Covid-19 Antigen test kits valued at $150,000.
Director for Legal Affairs, Nilex Corp Company Limited, Alex Osei-Owusu, said the donation was being made in conjunction with MiCo-BioMed Incorporated, a Korean biomedical company, as part of their support to the Government of Ghana, to effectively manage the Covid-19 pandemic.
He indicated that following the rising cases of Covid-19 delta variants, leading to increased mortality rate and its negative socio-economic impact worldwide, it was critical for countries including Ghana to consider the need to make better preparations for emerging situations in the future.
Mr Osei-Owusu said the Antigen test kits could help reach out to 10,000 Covid-19 candidates, providing them with results in less than 15 minutes.
He said the company had earlier donated similar equipment to the Ministry and based on its request from time to time; the Company would readily come in with its assistance.
Minister of Health, Kwaku Agyeman-Manu, thanked the companies for their continuous support since the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic in Ghana and said their assistance had greatly impacted positively on many lives and the country as a whole.
However, the Health Minister blamed the current surge in the cases of the Delta variant of Covid-19, leading to a high rate of hospitalisation and deaths, on the irresponsible societal neglect of the mandatory protocols.
He said it was unacceptable and pleaded with the public to strictly adhere to all the protocols to help save lives and also win the fight against the virus.
Latest Stories
-
Ghana’s mining deaths fall sharply, but Chamber insists ‘three deaths are too many’
25 minutes -
Tatale Sanguli officials destroy expired food products, warn traders
31 minutes -
Police arrest two watchmen over alleged defilement of 14-year-old student
37 minutes -
The woman behind General Mosquito: Could Ghana be meeting its next First Lady?
38 minutes -
Court remands man over alleged Labone bank robbery attempt
42 minutes -
Supreme Court to rule today on challenge to legal vacation warrants
48 minutes -
Tamale Metropolitan Assembly distributes 10,000 bags of fertiliser to farmers
53 minutes -
TUSAAG suspends strike, resumes work after renewed talks with government
57 minutes -
PIAC marks 15 years of oil revenue accountability and transparency
1 hour -
Adongo calls for non-political interference in $1.46bn Heritage Fund review
1 hour -
FDA records GH¢70m surplus in 2025 amid concerns over ageing lab equipment
1 hour -
Arise Ghana demands stronger commitment to end galamsey
1 hour -
96% of Ghanaian pensioners willing to work beyond retirement age – Study
1 hour -
Ghana gets nuclear power plant simulator
1 hour -
Temporary Akosombo power control facility to be ready by September – Energy Ministry
1 hour