Audio By Carbonatix
Hundreds of extra police officers are on the streets of Manchester following Thursday's deadly synagogue attack.
Assistant Chief Constable Chris Sykes said Greater Manchester Police (GMP) officers had been working 12-hour shifts and had rest days cancelled since the attack, while other forces had also contributed officers.
The Conservative Party Conference in Manchester, due to start on Sunday, had also been factored into police planning and operations, said ACC Sykes, who stressed that his force had the resources needed to reassure the city's Jewish population and other communities.
"We've got lots of officers and staff out there - very, very visible," he said.
"We have got extra patrols," he explained. "So we have our normal policing [and put] an awful lot of extra staff into certain communities and here into the city centre."
Two Jewish men - Adrian Daulby and Melvin Cravitz - were killed when Jihad Al-Shamie drove a car into people outside Heaton Park Hebrew Congregation synagogue in the Crumpsall area of north Manchester.
The knifeman then tried to force his way into the synagogue before being shot dead by armed police.
Three others were injured in the attack.

Echoing Prime Minister Sir Keir Starmer and Greater Manchester's chief constable Sir Stephen Watson, ACC Sykes questioned whether it was "appropriate" for a pro-Palestine march to be taking place in the city centre on Saturday.
He told the BBC: "We should be thinking about those people who lost their lives there on Thursday, and I think people need to consider what is appropriate if people do use their right to protest."
ACC Sykes said the force had attempted to "keep disruption" to a minimum during the protests.
The pro-Palestinian protest initially attracted about 100 supporters outside Manchester Cathedral.
GMP officers intervened when a small counter-demo approached the pro-Palestinian group.

Meanwhile, six people remain in custody after being arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences following the synagogue attack.
GMP confirmed on Friday that Mr Daulby had been fatally hit by police gunfire as officers shot at Al-Shamie.
A police bullet also injured Yoni Finlay, who is being treated in hospital.
Al-Shamie, a 35-year-old British citizen of Syrian heritage, was not known to Counter Terrorism Police but had been recently bailed after being arrested on suspicion of rape.
Raids have been carried out in at least three locations across Manchester and Bolton in connection with the attack.
Latest Stories
-
Ghana to hold referendum on proposed constitutional amendments in 2027 – Mahama
11 minutes -
Social clubs must become engines of national development – Ace Ankomah
17 minutes -
GTA shuts down four accommodation facilities in Central Region
23 minutes -
Sustained peace will restore Bawku to its former glory – Mahama
29 minutes -
15% of maternal mortality deaths in Kumasi are ‘imported’- Health Director
35 minutes -
Oil rises as US-Iran peace talks stall, Hormuz shipping slows
44 minutes -
A $50m hostage ransom funded al Qaeda’s Mali offensive, UN says
51 minutes -
Zambia’s Hichilema leads presidential vote count
1 hour -
If Meta loses this trial, Instagram and Facebook could change forever
1 hour -
Ferrari’s first ever electric car sold for record $40m at auction
1 hour -
Singapore police investigate assault on elderly man who patted child’s head
2 hours -
US judge clears way for Trump to end Somalis’ deportation protections
2 hours -
How Dapper forged my signature, sold my catalogue to foreign label – Shallipopi
5 hours -
Omotola’s heart of gold on display
5 hours -
Pope calls for an end to West Bank violence against Palestinians
5 hours