Ghana coach Charles Akonnor has revealed having a conversation with Kevin-Prince Boateng over a return to Black Stars but the attacker is not ready to play.
Boateng has not played for Black Stars since he was sacked from camp after allegedly insulting then coach Kwesi Appiah during the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
CK Akonnor announced his first Ghana squad on Tuesday ahead of the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Sudan.
After announcing the squad, Akonnor was asked about the Besiktas forward and he responded: “For Prince Boateng, we spoke. I don’t think he wants to play for the Black Stars again. I don’t think so.”
The 32-year-old has been capped 15 times by Ghana, scoring two goals.
- I feared for my life so I lied about being an Ewe – Caleb Kudah
- Citi FM journalist gained access to National Security premises under false pretences – Chief Director
- Affail Monney apologises for alleging Caleb Kudah breached Code of Ethics
- Information Minister visits Citi FM over alleged assault on 2 of its journalists
- Dzata Cement denies claims of selling product at ¢30 per bag
- GPL wrap: Kotoko extend gap at top after Olympics surrender lead
- Zoe Abu-Baidoo declined our invitation – National Security defends ‘Rambo-style’ invasion of Citi FM premises
- Ordering loophole allows students to eat for free at KFC for six months
- Assin North MP’s case: Cape Coast High Court dismisses allegation of bias against presiding judge
- Caleb Kudah didn’t breach Code of Ethics – GJA General Secretary
Ban use of mercury in small-scale mining – Asantehene
Citi FM petitions National Media Commission over assault on journalists
Millennial Street podcast takes on #FixTheCountry protests
I’ll deal with persons engaged in rosewood felling – Upper West Regional Minister
USAID promotes technology-based tracking system for criminal cases
Bono East Minister pledges completion of Kajaji SHS infrastructure
Chiefs involved in ‘galamsey’ to be sanctioned
Sunyani Municipal Hospital assures measures to improve health care following death of resident
UMB CEO celebrates Eid with customers in Tamale; donates items to Yaa-Naa’s
MTN donates to Chief Imam, 6000 families for Eid ul-Fitr
Ernest Ako (Former IGP)
First phase of US-supported Covid-19 critical case management training in Ghana ends
Social media reacts to Affail Monney’s apology on Citi FM journalist’s breach of ethics comment
Motor rider crashed to death on the Prosohene Nkwanta to Bonsu-Nkwanta road
Tanitoluwa Adewumi, 10, goes from homeless to national chess master