Maxwell Konadu

Most of the Joy Sports readers have expressed their displeasure at Asante Kotoko’s sacking of Maxwell Konadu on Friday.

The former Black Stars assistant coach was sacked a day after Kotoko suffered their first defeat of the season against Great Olympics.

Before his sacking, he had managed one league victory this season (W1 D2 L1).

Assistant coach Johnson Smith now handles the club on an interim basis until a new coach is appointed. The team outlined some candidates.

Joy Sports asked its readers earlier on Thursday if they agreed with the dismissal of Maxwell Konadu and 54% of the available votes picked no. The remainder (46%) were in support of his exit.

The Porcupine Warriors will face Dreams FC on Sunday and battle Al Hilal in the CAF Champions League first round in the following week.