The Ghana Football Association (GFA) has banned the Crosby Awuah Memorial Park at Anyinase indefinitely with immediate effect.
This decision was taken following assaults on players and officials at Aiyinase resulting in injuries and damage to property and unsporting behaviour by the home supporters in the MTN FA Cup Round of 32 tie between Karela United FC and Medeama SC on Sunday, June 20, 2021.
Considering the fact the Association has a process for complaining about any alleged bad officiating and a redress through the Match Review Panel, the Executive Council of the Association see any attack on the Match Officials and opposing players as “an attack against the entire sport, it being, unwarranted and criminal”.
The Executive Council has accordingly exercised its powers under Articles 14(2) and 14(3) of the Ghana Premier League Regulations and has banned the venue indefinitely.
The Regulations empowers the GFA to order the closure of any league centre/venue where the safety of clubs, match officials and/or spectators cannot be guaranteed.
The GFA Prosecutors have been tasked to proffer the appropriate charges and for the Disciplinary Committee to sit on this matter expeditiously.
The association has instructed the Competitions Department to fix the venues for the upcoming home matches of Karela United FC with due regards to the distance to be travelled by the away teams (note that matches can be fixed at the home of the away team, if required).
The GFA wishes to sound a strong note of caution to all members (especially all clubs) that the slightest harassment or attack on Match Officials (Referees, Match Commissioners, GFA Cameramen & Women, Venue Media Officers) and players shall be dealt with severely and swiftly.
- ‘Things to buy for Our Day’ – How a pupil’s petition to his mother became a national emergency
- Our Day list: Oswald’s mother explains why her son mentioned Mrs Appiah
- Police arrest suspected criminals in swoop, retrieve weapons in Kumasi
- I will win hands down even against Asiedu Nketia – Assin North NPP parliamentary candidate
- Our Day list: Naana Opoku Agyemang pledges iPad Pro to Oswald
- Our Day list: I have a habit of forgetting, that is why my son wrote a letter – Mother
- Free SHS: Akufo-Addo hints at more budgetary allocation to education sector to address access and infrastructure
- Parliament approves Kissi Agyebeng for Special Prosecutor
- This is my best Our Day – Boy who wrote wishlist to mother
- Our Day List: KiDi performs at Oswald’s school, gifts him a Samsung tablet
Alleged phone thief chops off owner’s 4 fingers
Ghana deserves a national cathedral – Razak Opoku
Winners from 1xBet’s Prize Hunt final draw from Ghana received their well-deserved rewards
Our Day List: Photos from Oswald’s new world
Ato Forson alleges government paid GH¢16m for Sputnik V vaccines
Health Ministry receives Antigen test machines and kits for testing Covid-19
Mahama and Lordina celebrate 29th marriage anniversary
I was privileged but not lucky as a child – President of Academic City College
Court of Appeal allows Nii Amanor Dodoo as Unibank Receiver until appeal against High Court ruling is heard
Scarlett Johansson sues Disney over ‘Black Widow’ streaming release
Collins Dauda faces criminal charges over Saglemi Housing project
European Super League: Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus ‘will continue with plans’
Health Minister prioritised safety over procedures – Group backs Agyeman-Manu
Oswald Gennuh: Five leadership lessons from a daring ‘Our Day’ petition
Ghanaians in UK hail Akufo-Addo-led administration