Accra Hearts of Oak head coach, Samuel Boadu, has heaped praise on Konadu Yiadom following the defender’s impressive performance against Great Olympics on Sunday.
The former WAFA captain made his debut for the club on match day two of the league season as they shared the spoils with Olympics at the Accra Sports Stadium.
Yiadom headed home the equaliser in the 90th minute of the game to salvage a point for the Phobians after Abdul Razak Yussif had given the Wonder Club the lead after just eight minutes.
Speaking to the media after the game, Boadu lauded the impact of the player who arrived from WAFA during the just-ended transfer window.
“[He was] fantastic. Playing for Hearts for the first time, he did well,” Boadu said.
“He played perfectly but we wish him to do much better than this.”
Despite his team suffering relegation, Yiadom was one of WAFA best performers during the 2021/22 Premier League season, prompting Hearts to acquire his services.
- Apart from some senior players, no one is guaranteed a place – Andre Ayew on Ghana’s World Cup squad
- Government to face difficult refinancing options in repaying maturing T-Bills – Report
- We won’t recognise Ghanaian doctors trained in war-hit Ukraine – Medical and Dental Council
- Ghana’s programme will focus heavily on debt sustainability – IMF
- ‘Stop the foolhardiness, Akufo-Addo’s booing at Global Citizen Festival wasn’t orchestrated’ – Stan Dogbe tells NPP
- Parliament approves fees for “access” to information
- We must build on second half performance against Brazil – Inaki Williams
- I will choose Mahama over Akufo-Addo – Kumchacha
- Government currently has zero equity interest in AngloGold Ashanti – Sam Jonah
- Smugglers Paradise: GRA to investigate how custom officials aided in oil smuggling
- Aisha Huang trial: We need to take a strong stance against illegal mining – Judge
- Aisha Huang denied bail again as judge calls on judiciary to help save water bodies
- Kirani Ayat calls out Akufo-Addo, Tourism Ministry after promo video featured shots from his ‘Guda’ visuals
- Legendary musician Natty Borax to launch new single ‘Sweetness’
- Political will among UN member states crucial in sustaining rights of minority groups – Godfred Dame
- Russia detains Japanese consul on spying charge; Tokyo hints at retaliation
- iPhone in India: Apple makes new handset in India in shift from China
- National Fitness Day moves to Kumasi for second edition
- Shinzo Abe: A divided Japan bids farewell to its slain ex-PM
- Pressure mounts on government to scrap SIM re-registration deadline
- “We’ve had some discussions about set pieces”- Otto Addo
- Uganda Ebola cases rise amid 23 deaths – WHO
- Total pension funds increased by 18% to ¢39.6bn in 2021
- King Charles: New royal cypher revealed
- Farmerline announces 2nd phase of ‘Pre-Series A second’ programme with additional $1.5m funding