Asante Kotoko pair, Prosper Ogum Narteh and Franck Mbella Etouga, have been named as the Ghana Premier League Coach of the Month and Player of the Month following their heroics in the month of January.
The Porcupine Warriors were involved in five games in the top-flight during the first month of the year, winning four of those and drawing the other.
Narteh’s side overcame challenges from Aduana Stars, AshantiGold, Medeama Sporting Club and Great Olympics while Berekum Chelsea were the only side to take a point from the Kumasi-based.
In that run also, the gaffer saw his team concede just one goal, coming in the 3-1 win over AshGold, keeping four sheets during that period and scoring eight goals.
For Etouga, his blistering performance saw him get the nomination alongside AshGold’s, Yaw Annor and Karela United’s Umar Bashiru.
The Cameroonian youngster won two Man of the Match awards while finding the back of the net five times – including the hat-trick against the Obuasi-based outfit, which represented 62.5% of the club’s league goals in January.
The awards should be a major boost for the team as they prepare to play Hearts of Oak in the 2022 edition of the President’s Cup.
- Disregard statement declaring Friday, Sept 30 as a holiday – Oyibi Divisional Council
- GFA suspends 2022/23 Ghana Premier League over court injunction
- Danadams Pharmaceuticals and CEO in court over alleged fraud and forgery
- UTAG, 3 other university labour unions threaten to go on strike on October 5
- GFA suspends AshantiGold SC for dealing with banned club president and son
- T Bills, short-term securities will not be affected by Ghana’s debt restructuring – US-based Associate Professor
- Land acquisition: Here is what you missed on Joy FM’s Super Morning Show
- GTA boss names agency in copyright feud with Kirani Ayat, reveals how footage was obtained
- Ghana will transition from fossil fuel to renewable energy by 2070 – Bawumia
- Pastor jailed for life after planning coup and black genocide
- Agenda 111: 8 hospitals in Northern Region to be completed by December 2023 – Regional Minister
- Tafo Pankrono BECE candidates get free tuition ahead of final examination
- 2 sustain gunshot wounds at mining site in Samreboi
- Judges call on Finance Ministry to fast-track payment of their outstanding allowances
- Banks still safest place to keep funds and invest despite economic challenges – Alhassan Andani
- My husband left me for a ‘sugar mummy’ after 9 months of marriage – Woman shares experience
- World Heart Day: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure
- Global Citizen Festival campaign culminates in $2.4b to end extreme poverty
- Man arrested for threatening to release nude videos of late brother’s wife
- ‘I’m extremely regretful’ – KiDi apologises for ‘inappropriate and unkind’ old tweets
- World Heart Day: A look at Vodafone Ghana’s contributions to cardiac wellness
- Ghana elected Chair of the Commonwealth ITU Group
- 19 die after drinking toxic alcohol
- 21 Ghanaians to receive Global Summit awards
- Ebola outbreak in Uganda detected late – WHO