A gentleman is in the grip of the Police for allegedly beheading a 12-year-old boy.
The incident took place by the Battor-Aveyime Police Command in the Central Tongu District of the Volta Region.
Two other suspects have been picked up by the Police for their alleged involvement in the crime. Residents described the incident as ritual murder.
Speaking to Joy News, Volta Regional Police Public Relations Officer, Inspector Prince Dogbatse explained that investigations have been launched into the case.
He said the Police would not want to put the names of the suspects in public, promising other culprits at large would be apprehended by the close of the week.
“As for the young man, he is actually the one who committed the murder. But we believe that he didn’t act alone, he acted with some other people”, he said.
Inspector Dogbatse further indicated that preliminary investigations revealed that the prime suspect “wanted to make money”, hence engaging in the heinous crime.
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Akufo-Addo directs SIGA Boss to probe infractions in 2021 Auditor-General’s report
- Mankessim murder: We didn’t commit crime with mason; he only dug hole for burying a victim – Chief
- Scores of residents displaced, others trapped as Weija, Oblogo and Tetegu flood
- Akonta Mining Limited has no permit to undertake any mining operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Minerals Commission
- I am still receiving threats from people on social media – KiDi
- Watch Daddy Lumba break down his hit song ‘Yene Wo Sere Kwa’
- COCOBOD signs $1.13bn syndicated loan for 2022/2023 cocoa crop season
- The viral lynching that was to end Nigeria’s mob justice
- NSMQ 2022 launched; fixtures for preliminary stage released
- Exclusive photos: Hundreds rendered homeless at Ashalaja
- Milovan Rajevac calls for Black Stars unity as World Cup looms
- Allow your partners to fondle your breasts in order to detect cancer earlier – Tepamanhene to women
- ‘There is no plan to ban Ghana’s cocoa’ – EU Ambassador
- Every passing day makes our economic situation worse – Mahama
- ‘I have unfinished business with Black Stars’ – Milovan Rajevac
- BoG assures of cedi stability ahead of festive season in December
- Provident Insurance donates medical equipment to Princess Marie Louise Children’s Hospital
- Edmund Yirenkyi Fianko elected to ITU’s Radio Regulatory Board
- Joy News’ Joojo Cobbinah, NGO sue government over River Offin menstruation taboo
- Illegal mining: Government has failed- Concerned citizen
- Live2Lead Leadership Conference by John Maxwell to be held in Ghana on Oct. 7
- Ghana joins in celebration of World Cerebral Palsy Day
- First-ever Food Systems Pavilion to be hosted at COP27 in Egypt
- Free SHS making a giant impact in the education sector – Education Minister