Audio By Carbonatix
Former coach of Asante Kotoko, Maxwell Konadu, has written to the club to demand monies owed him.
The former league winner is demanding a year's salary amounting to $36,000 plus an outstanding sign-on fee of GHS 30,000.
Konadu, in his letter to the club last week Wednesday, also asked for winning bonuses from matches against Hearts Oak and Legon Cities which, according to Joy Sports sources, is about GHS 2,000.
This takes his financial demands to a little over $41,000. There is also a request for damages, the amounts of which are unclear.
The coach gave Asante Kotoko two weeks to respond to his letter, with the club board in copy.
The board initially scheduled a meeting for Saturday, but cancelled due to the club's focus on their CAF Confederation Cup first leg tie against ES Sétif.
It is understood that the board requested for the letter to study it before convening the meeting with management later this week.
Joy Sports also understands that Maxwell will write to the Ghana Football Association (GFA) Player's Status Committee later this week and cite a breach of contract. The letter could be submitted by Thursday.
Kotoko Chief Executive Officer, Nana Yaw Amponsah, in an interview last year had said that the club will pay Maxwell three months salary for termination of his contract.
Joy Sports sources say, he was relying on Article 11.2 of the terms of the agreement, but that was wrongly interpreted.
The clause, we gather, does not talk about terms of settling the coach when his contract is terminated, but rather refers to the coach losing three matches in succession.
Maxwell, however, lost just a game against Great Olympics before he was sacked by management on December 17, 2020.
The management of Kotoko appears surprised at Maxwell's position as a meeting was held with him on December 24, 2020, to return to post.
They wanted him for the game against Medeama SC, but Konadu said he needed to speak to his advisors. Both parties did not communicate again until the letter was sent last week.
Kotoko says they were expecting a response, but the camp of Maxwell also believe a letter to re-engage his services was not submitted.
Latest Stories
-
Photos: Ablakwa meets Ghanaian community in Pretoria
3 minutes -
Rising fuel costs pose risk to Ghana’s inflation outlook – Deloitte
10 minutes -
T-bills: Government records 5.9% undersubscription, but interest rates decline marginally
12 minutes -
Government will not tolerate shoddy road projects – Roads Minister
51 minutes -
25/26 GPL: Vision end campaign with win over Aduana
57 minutes -
GPL 2025/26: Young Apostles survive relegation with win over SamartexÂ
1 hour -
Gunmen allegedly kidnap teenager at Kabulya near Bimbilla, demand ransom
1 hour -
Fernandes breaks assist record as Brighton land Euro spot despite loss
1 hour -
Sunderland reach Europa League at Chelsea’s expense
1 hour -
Spurs beat Everton to secure Premier League survival
1 hour -
Xenophobia: Ghana to receive first batch of evacuees from South Africa on May 27
2 hours -
GPL 2025/26: Swedru All Blacks stun Kotoko in dramatic final-day comeback
2 hours -
Slump continues as cedi becomes worst-performing currency in sub-Saharan Africa in 2026
3 hours -
Petroleum Commission hails 7 Eleven Energy Services’ indigenous bolt and nut plant as sign of local content growth
3 hours -
Keta MP offers relief to Afiadenyigba SHS after fire outbreak
3 hours