Ghana international, Mohammed Kudus, was named Ajax’s February Goal of the Month award winner with his strike against Sparta Rotterdam in the Eredivisie.
The 22-year-old netted the fourth goal with a sublime free-kick in the matchday 22 fixture as John Heitinga’s side mastered a 4-0 win over their opponent.
With the game also coming at a time when Christian Atsu had been confirmed dead after being a culprit of the Turkey earthquake, the Ajax midfielder got emotional and paid a tribute to the late Black Stars forward.
Kudus beat competition from Joao da Silva, Jurrien Timber and Mika Godts to clinch the prize.
“I will remember this trophy forever, every single time I saw this goal of the month [trophy] and I will remember the freekick definitely, the celebration is going to come in,” he said.
“So, this is going to be with me forever … it is a special one for me personally.”
The highflying midfielder has 19 goals and four assists for club and country this season including three goals in his last five games for Ajax.
- 50 people injured after accident involving 4 cars on Kasoa-Weija road
- Assin North by-election: EC denies NDC’s accusation of inserting candidate’s name in voters register
- Nogokpo saga: Perez Chapel Bishop declares week-long fast over controversy
- Encourage acquisition, mergers of banks and NBFIs if needed – IMF tells government
- Agya Koo’s new plush mansion which got social media talking
- Two police officers injured as ghetto boys escape with handcuffs during arrest at Gomoa Nyanyano
- Assin North by-election: NDC accuses NPP, EC of plotting to insert an unqualified candidate’s name in voters register
- ‘I can’t believe I am here’ – Tariq Lamptey on his first start at the World Cup for Ghana
- betPawa PL: Hearts of Oak lose 4th consecutive game; Medeama drop points
- NPA impounds 181,000 litres of crude oil, diesel in Western Region
- Woman jailed over infant deaths pardoned
- Ecobank Ghana supports Zero Malaria Business Leadership Initiative with $120,000
- Prince Harry accused of ‘wasting time’
- Billie Jean King Cup: Richard Ayi Dartey announces Ghana’s squad
- Five bills expected to be laid as Parliament reconvenes tomorrow
- 2023 AFCONQ: Asamoah Gyan expresses ‘worry’ about Black Stars squad for Madagascar clash
- Lasmid leaves Highly Spiritual Music – Kaywa confirms
- June 4 uprising occurred for far less than what is happening in Ghana today – Mahama
- There is no law to empower GHAMRO to charge for music play – Rex Omar
- Gunmen kill dozens and kidnap children in northern Nigeria
- Power Purchase Agreements: Let’s go for least-cost procurement competitive tender regime – former VRA Boss
- Wimbledon: Russian and Belarusian players still waiting for visas to enter UK
- Ga Traditional Council entreats citizens to adhere to customary laws
- We’ll continue to push for good pricing for Ghana’s cocoa beans – Agric Minister
- Djokovic ‘proud’ of surpassing Nadal’s record