Black Stars midfielder, Mohammed Kudus, has been honoured by the Western Regional Minister, Kwabena Okyere Darko-Mensah, for his blistering performances at the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
Kudus was arguably Ghana’s best performer at the Mundial after scoring two goals and providing an assist in Ghana’s World Cup campaign.
The midfielder’s goals came against South Korea in the 3-2 win during the second group game while also assisting Andre Ayew in the 3-2 loss to Portugal.
The 22-year-old’s performances have seen his market value rise with lots of European clubs reported to be keen on his services ahead of the winter transfer window.
Back at home, the Ajax star has also been honoured with Darko-Mensah gifting him a commemorative gold medal for his displays.
In attendance for the recognition was Black Stars teammate, Kamaldeen Sulemana, while FC Nordsjaelland forward, Ernest Nuamah was also present.
- Armed police officers and soldiers clash in Accra central as traders run for their lives
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- Students have still not reported to school despite free SHS – Ashanti Region GES
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- U-23 AFCON 2023Q: Ghana seals qualification with victory over Algeria
- Radio presenter recounts stealing church money to buy heroin, cocaine
- ECG to disconnect Ho Teaching Hospital, Ho Municipal Hospital over arrears
- Video: How man used bare hands to rescue trapped gold miners in DR Congo
- McDan’s Salt Company disconnected from national grid over GH¢300k debt
- How climate change impact on fisheries is pushing artisanal fishers into IUU fishing in Ghana
- Ashanti Region records 181 maternal mortality in 2022
- Ghana Airlines will be operational by June this year – Transport Minister
- Africa should focus on digital economy and innovation – Kamala Harris
- Parliament decriminalises attempted suicide
- Kamala Harris hails immense impact of medical drone delivery in Ghana
- Black Stars team manager clarifies André Ayew teamsheet error against Angola
- Kamala Harris in Ghana: The US Vice President and the arts
- There’s still political interference in Ghana’s chieftaincy institution – Akyem Bosome Omanhene
- Old boy, DRW donate laptops to Mfantsipim
- Kamala Harris announces over $1bn investment into economic empowerment of women in Africa
- Ghanaian achieves outstanding results in global Finance and Accounting exam