Ghana defender, Mohammed Salisu, will undergo a pubalgia surgery after suffering persistent pain during the international break, his club AS Monaco announced over the weekend.
The 24-year-old is yet to make his debut for the French Ligue 1 club since his summer move from Southampton.
“Following persistent pain during the international break, Mohamed Salisu (pubalgia) will undergo a surgical intervention in the coming days,” read AS Monaco’s statement.
The former Real Valladolid centre-back has not played a competitive game since March 2023.
Mohammed Salisu signed for AS Monaco on a five-year deal from Southampton for a fee worth 15 million euros.
- UEFA awards Mohammed Kudus’ second goal to him after initially declaring it own goal against Backa Topola
- Cecilia Dapaah case: People must guard against contempt in commentary – Gary Nimako
- The Career Trail: Quitting banking for jewellery business; Ella Cadie’s bold career shift
- I’ll release audio recording of Kan Dapaah’s $1m offer to silence me – Barker-Vormawor
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Police arresting protesters without a warrant was unlawful – Inusah Fuseini
- Photos and videos: Protesters hit the street on day 3 of #OccupyJulorbiHouse demonstration
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Organisers of demonstrations must respect the law – Gary Nimako
- Ghana is in a leadership crisis; African leaders lack consciousness – Prof Adu-Gyamfi
- MMALABS signs MoU with Spintex Medical Center to boost quality healthcare
- NPP flagbearer race: Bawumia suspends campaign over ongoing limited registration exercise
- Sharaf Mahama celebrates 26th birthday with donation and reading session with kids
- I’m not the 3rd richest man in Ghana – Dr Kwame Addo-Kufuor
- Desist from registering JHS 1 and 2 students for BECE – Public school heads warned
- Bob Menendez steps down as US Senate foreign relations chairman after indictment
- MohBad mourners teargassed at Nigeria’s Lekki toll gate after Lagos concert