Audio By Carbonatix
Richmond Rockson, Spokesperson and Head of Communications for the Ministry of Energy and Green Transition, says the most recent power outages experienced in parts of Ghana were due to localised technical issues and are not indicative of a nationwide crisis.
In a statement on social media platform X, Mr Rockson, who regularly represents the ministry on national energy matters, said engineers resolved a major feeder fault at about 1:00 a.m. that had affected supply to Lakeside and surrounding areas in Accra.
At approximately 1:00 a.m., the technical team successfully resolved the fault affecting the feeder supplying Lakeside and its surrounding areas.
— Richmond Rockson, Esq. (@MrRockson) February 24, 2026
Nearly all causes of the recent power outages in Kumasi and parts of Accra, particularly Achimota, Tantra Hill, Dodowa, Tesano, and… https://t.co/fBMY3WrnyV
“At approximately 1:00 a.m., the technical team successfully resolved the fault affecting the feeder supplying Lakeside and its surrounding areas,” he wrote, adding that nearly all causes of the recent outages in Kumasi and parts of Accra — particularly Achimota, Tantra Hill, Dodowa, Tesano and adjoining areas — have also been rectified.
Rockson also noted that teams are still working to address remaining issues in parts of Tema and Adenta. Outside these locations, he said electricity supply has remained largely stable following the technical fixes.
Although some residents had feared a return of the dreaded “dumsor” load-shedding regime, the Ministry of Energy and Green Transition has repeatedly dismissed such concerns.
Rockson told the media earlier this week that Ghana has not engaged in load shedding for about 10 to 11 months, and that increased generation capacity has helped keep the lights on.
He emphasised that recent disruptions were linked to maintenance and system faults, not a shortfall in national generation capacity.
The assurance aligns with recent statements from the Electricity Company of Ghana, which has characterised intermittent outages in the Ashanti Region as isolated technical incidents rather than evidence of deteriorating supply or nationwide load shedding.
Technical upgrades and planned maintenance have also been taking place in other parts of the country.
Residents affected by lingering outages have been urged to remain patient as engineers complete outstanding repairs.
Latest Stories
-
Ronaldo scores twice to seal Saudi Pro League at last with Al-Nassr
3 minutes -
SSNIT clarifies hotel advertisement, denies sale reports
15 minutes -
Chelsea legend Cesar Azpilicueta announces retirement
18 minutes -
President Mahama starts 2-day Savannah tour with focus on roads and education
21 minutes -
Ghana positions itself as financial hub as Governor Asiama opens global markets congress in Accra
29 minutes -
Bagbin urges pragmatism on Sexual Rights Bill as parliament prepares for African Family Values ConferenceÂ
31 minutes -
Ghana deepens economic cooperation with EU to boost trade and investment
33 minutes -
Africa to maintain steady growth over next three years – Bridgewater Advisors
1 hour -
Queiroz unavailable as Desmond Offei to lead Black Stars against Mexico
1 hour -
2026 Legacy Expo to reposition Africa’s beauty and wellness economy
2 hours -
TDC, GIADEC and ARISE IIP establish special-purpose company to drive Tema Industrial Park project
2 hours -
Ablakwa clarifies South Africa evacuation reports, assures support for all Ghanaians
2 hours -
Today’s Front pages: Friday, May 22, 2026
2 hours -
Africa urged to overhaul climate finance rules and regulations to unlock investment
3 hours -
Joy Prime to broadcast Mexico vs Ghana friendly match on Saturday, 23rd May at 2am
3 hours