The Northern Regional Police Command has rendered an apology to the Overlord of Dagbon, Yaa-Na Abubakari Mahama, over the “unprofessional conduct exhibited by some officers” at the Gbewaa Palace in Yendi on Thursday, January 16, 2020.
The apology was contained in a letter signed by Regional Commander, COP Timothy Yoosa Bonga, on Friday, January 24.
The said officers -Corporal Kenneth Amoah Korsah, Lance Corporal Prince Agyeman Duah, Lance Corporal Prince Setordzi Minadzi, Lance Corporal Bruce Xornam and Lance Corporal Samuel Takyi- allegedly assaulted a driver at the chief’s palace on the said date.
Northern Regional Commander, COP Timothy Yoosa Bonga
The Commander admitted that the behaviour of the officers was unbefitting of the Service and indicated, the culprits were already facing the consequence of their conduct.
They have been interdicted “and would be dealt with administratively and in accordance with the laws of the land,” the Commander stated in the letter dated Friday, January 24.
The driver who is yet to be named, had run to the palace for cover following a chase by the police officers after he was said to have refused to heed to signal by the officers for him to stop at a checkpoint on the Bimbilla-Yendi road.
The officers thus called the Bimbilla mobile patrol team to assist in arresting the driver.
The victim drove to the Gbewaa palace for refuge and abandoned his truck.
But the officers, according to reports entered the place, arrested the victim and allegedly assaulted him, injuring him in the process.
Below is the apology letter from the Northern Regional Police Command
- Prof. Stephen Adei partners Chirano Gold Mines to roll out Innovative Literacy Program for local communities
- Democracy comes with rights and responsibilities – Enam Akoetey chides #OccupyJulorbiHouse organisers
- Dr UN Award incredibly stupid; I can’t believe I fell for that nonsense – D-Black
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Police apologise to public inconvenienced during protest
- GPL Week 2: Eric Bosomtwi stunner buries Kotoko in Bibiani
- Rwanda suspends coach for Black Queens are “like men” comment after 7-0 demolition
- Must it take you 2 years to publish alleged $1m bribery audio? – Barker-Vormawor’s integrity questioned
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Asking Special Prosecutor to quit over ‘frustrations’ wrong – Domelevo
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Current Assets Declaration Law is a joke – Domelovo
- Africa World Airlines marks 11th anniversary with exciting passenger rewards and expansion drive
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Roads blocked as protesters march towards Jubilee House
- Cedi remains relatively stable since February 2023; Y-T-D depreciation to dollar stands at 22.5%
- LaLiga: Barcelona beat Celta Vigo after dramatic comeback
- Premier League: Calvert-Lewin helps Everton end winless start against Brentford
- Premier League: Ten-man Man City beat Nottingham Forest despite Rodri red card