The Member of Parliament for Akuapem South constituency in the Eastern Region, Osei Bonsu Amoah, has sponsored the feeding of the vulnerable persons in the area as part of the Easter festivities.
The exercise which started on Easter Sunday and will end on Easter Monday, is expected to see more than 3,000 persons in Adamrobe, Comet Estates, Otiakrom, Nsakye, Dago, Pakro, among other communities, being fed.
Even though the communities in Akuapem South are not under restriction as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, their proximity to Accra has affected their activities and exposed the vulnerable ones to extra hardship.
It was, therefore, a happy occasion for the persons lucky enough to have had free meals from their MP, who is also the Deputy Minister for Local Government and Rural Development.
Mr O.B. Amoah expressed satisfaction with the free meals project and gratitude to God and all those who made it very successful.
Meanwhile the President, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has extended the imposition of restriction on Greater Accra, Tema, Kasoa and other parts of Kumasi for another week.
Last week, Mr. Amoah presented medical supplies to the Municipal Health Directorate at Aburi also in the Eastern Region.
The items included coveralls, nose masks, gloves, hand sanitisers, liquid Soap, tissues and thermometers.
The MP also made a cash donation of GH¢10,000 to support the Assembly’s campaign against the spread of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Bank of Ghana upgrades one cedi coin
- Road toll to be collected electronically – Roads Minister
- Photos: Volta Regional NPP Secretary ties knot with Deputy Women’s Organiser
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- You are on your own – John Kumah tells bondholders who reject debt exchange programme
- GMA rejects debt exchange programme
- Moody’s downgrades GCB Bank due to debt restructuring
- Black Sherif is the voice of African youth – Akon
- World Cup: Rating every member of Ghana’s squad
- Akufo-Addo commissions Afienya Road Over Bridge on Tema-Mpakadan Railway line
- It’s time students stopped ‘chew and pour’- Eugenia Tachie-Menson
- Dashboard: Mobile money transactions in Ghana
- Financial Stability Council pledges to closely monitor impacts of Debt Exchange Programme; ¢15bn fund to be set up
- Mahama appeals for ¢10 to support NDC congress
- 796 flee Burkina Faso to Sissala West communities for fear of attack
- We only approved policy principle of 2023 Budget; not the taxes – Minority
- 81 aspirants vie for 14 national executive positions in NDC
- NPA to seek cabinet support to remove taxes on LPG
- Claims that female babies develop speech faster than males is a myth – Language Therapist
- Consensus key to sustainability of the debt exchange programme – ISSER to government
- I’ve been given over ¢100k ‘haircut’ on my investment – Franklin Cudjoe
- Mozambique ex-president’s son, others jailed for 12 years for corruption
- GWCL to cut water supply to parts of Accra
- Philip Afeti Korto: Grey hair, a sign of wisdom or ageing?
- Busy Signal to perform at Stonebwoy’s Bhim Concert in Ghana