Legon Cities head coach, Maxwell Konadu says his side succeeded with their plan to restrict Hearts of Oak, following their draw on Sunday.
The Royals played out a 0-0 draw with Hearts at the Accra Sports Stadium on Sunday, October 31, becoming the fifth side to deny the Phobians a win on the opening day of a league season in the last five campaigns.
Konadu said he was satisfied with the performance of side as they forced Hearts to switch into different game plans.
“We came with a game plan. Though not perfect, we were able to hold them, trying to frustrate them with our combination passes and to some extent, it worked,” the former Asante Kotoko coach said in his post match interview.
“We saw that they decided to go long. That is where we started picking up the second balls and we played our game.”
The coach also admitted his side made some initial mistakes in the early stages with their build up from the back but added that they will be working on it in subsequent games.
“We made some elementary mistakes because playing from the back was a bit difficult. We will go on to work on it and make sure we do it better next time,” he concluded.
Konadu still remains unbeaten in five competitive games against Hearts of Oak.
Legon Cities will face Real Tamale United at home in their next league game next weekend.
- Mohammed Kudus scores to inspire West Ham to comeback win over Backa Topola
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: Derogatory captioning of Presidency by organisers unacceptable – Richard Ahiagbah
- 45 Ghanaian start-ups under AfriConEU project exposed to African market opportunities
- Official statement announcing Dr Sam Ankrah’s candidacy for President
- South Africa: Ninety schoolchildren given ‘cannabis muffins’
- DDEP: Ghanaians affected by “Technical Haircut” – Dr. Adu Anane Antwi
- Losing our father was the price we paid for Ghana’s independence – Samia Nkrumah
- Ghana needs at least a decade to recover from DDEP – Agnes Abankwa
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: Where is IGP Dampare in all of this? – Ghanaians quiz
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: Celebrities react, advocate for release of arrested protestors
- Mohbad’s body exhumed for autopsy — Police
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: Bridget Otoo, other reporters assaulted
- Use of brute force on protesters regrettable – NDC
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: 49 arrested for unlawful assembly – Police
- Angus Cloud’s cause of death revealed nearly 2 months after ‘Euphoria’ star dies at 25