For the past 10 months, Wilfred Osei popularly known as Palmer, who described his disqualification from the 2019 GFA Presidential elections as ‘unfair’ has been seeking equity at the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).
The Tema Youth owner was disqualified by the now-defunct Normalisation Committee / Elections Committee from contesting the elections, he was absolutely confident of winning.
The former Executive Committee member was disqualified over his failure to pay the 10% mandatory fee to the GFA following the transfer of his player Joseph Paintsil to Belgian side KRC Genk.
However, the verdict is expected on Friday, July 17. Ahead of the verdict, Palmer has hinted of victory in his latest post on Twitter.
If Palmer wins the case, as part of the reliefs he’s seeking, the results of the last FA presidential elections will be declared null and void for fresh elections to be held.
Also, if CAS throws out Palmer’s case, Kurt Okraku will continue to serve his four-year term as GFA President.
For more updates on sporting news, follow #JoySports on Twitter (@joysportsgh) and Instagram (@JoySportsGH)
- Special Prosecutor secures court order to arrest Charles Bissue
- Charles Bissue will not turn himself in despite court order for his arrest – Lawyer
- Saglemi: Former Housing Ministry Chief Director wheeled to court to face 43 criminal charges
- Court of Appeal Judge to be investigated for ‘suspicious ruling’
- Ken Ansah wins CEO of the Year again but transfers praise to his talented team
- Gold for Oil policy cornering BDCs – Dr. Ofori
- Contact NCA if you are without Ghana Card and your SIM has been deactivated – Ursula
- Ras Nene confronts Achimota Mall security for stopping his team from filming
- Playback: Burial service of The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician Modestus Zame
- 2022/23 GPL final day: Medeama and Bechem title tug of war, Hearts of Oak’s relegation threat
- ‘Spiritualist’ on trial for allegedly defrauding client of GHȼ85,000
- Man arrested after attacking pastor in church over ‘fake prophecy’
- BET Awards 2023 nominations announced; Drake takes the lead with 7 nods
- Ghana may find it difficult to get debt relief of $10.5bn – Theo Acheampong
- The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician, Modestus Zame laid to rest
- External debt suspension helped current account balance into surplus
- Camidoh releases ‘LITA’ mixtape
- Tourists watch Russian man get devoured by shark on Egypt beach
- 32 Ghanaians selected for 2023 Mandela Washington Fellowship
- Akufo-Addo reiterates commitment to protecting environment at Green Ghana Day
- As Ghanaians take climate action in planting 10million trees in a day
- Champions League final: Simone Inzaghi – the ‘nice guy’ who turned Inter Milan fortunes around
- Eugene Osei Tutu: Taxing the Blood; Reusable Pads is the surest way to end Period Poverty
- Manchester City: ‘Hysterical and ‘hated at times’ – Pep Guardiola is already the greatest
- Minority warns against turning Green Ghana Day events into corruption schemes