West Akim Municipal Director of the National Commission on Civic Education (NCCE), Ms. Modesta Annie Sapaty says that Parliamentary Candidates are not responsible for developmental projects as assumed by many Ghanaians.
She explained that Parliamentary Candidates were only representatives of the various constituencies and their job was to help make decisions to benefit their constituencies.
Adding that Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies were responsible for developmental projects.
The NCCE Director made the remarks at a Town Hall Meeting organized by the Justice and Peace Commission in collaboration with the NCCE at Asamankese.
According to her, due to ignorance, many people wrongfully accuse parliamentary candidates of not building infrastructure projects.
She advised the citizenry to demand accountability from the Assemblies and not parliamentarians on community development.
The Municipal Chief Executive (MCE) for Lower West Akim, Mr. Seth Oduro-Boadu, urged the public to stay away from violence and maintain peace before, during and after the December 7 elections.
- Social media reacts to how youth hooted at Akufo-Addo during concert
- NDC orchestrated the heckling of Akufo-Addo at Global Citizen Festival – NPP
- Apart from some senior players, no one is guaranteed a place – Andre Ayew on Ghana’s World Cup squad
- 23,495 Ghanaians test positive for HIV in 6 months
- Black Stars arrive to rousing welcome in Spain ahead of Nicaragua friendly
- Bagbin has not resigned from Ghana Bar Association – Dafeamekpor
- Ghana’s programme will focus heavily on debt sustainability – IMF
- Frontiers Contract contains information we cannot disclose – Ghana Airports Company Ltd
- Parliament approves fees for “access” to information
- ‘Stop the foolhardiness, Akufo-Addo’s booing at Global Citizen Festival wasn’t orchestrated’ – Stan Dogbe tells NPP
- I will choose Mahama over Akufo-Addo – Kumchacha
- Government begins second phase of discussions with IMF
- Livestream: PM Express discusses Ghana’s impending debt restructuring
- Ghana cannot avoid debt restructuring currently – Cassiel Ato Forson
- Super Clash: Asante Kotoko file complaint over officiating
- KCCR records zero cases of Covid-19 samples in 2 months
- Luv FM Habitat Fair: Republic Bank offers flexible mortgage packages for home ownership
- Stop abusing prednisolone for weight gain – Pharmaceutical Society of Ghana warns nursing mothers
- We won’t recognise Ghanaian doctors trained in war-hit Ukraine – Medical and Dental Council
- “I hope to play more matches and make the Black Stars successful” – Inaki Williams
- We must build on second half performance against Brazil – Inaki Williams
- Adwoa Boatemaa Adu-Poku wins CEEK Miss Ghana UK 2022
- We have sufficient stocks of petroleum products to last into New Year – Chamber of Bulk Oil Distributors
- World Bank officials laud Ghana’s Tech Lab over effective operations
- Government puts together post Covid-19 economic programme to guide IMF negotiations