Black Stars forward, Kamaldeen Sulemana, says playing at the 2022 FIFA World Cup was a dream for him and believes his involvement has given him a good foundation going forward in his career.
The winger featured in Ghana’s 3-2 win over South Korea in Group H before also coming off the bench in the fixture against Uruguay.
Following his return from Qatar, the 20-year-old has barely enjoyed game time with Stade Rennes leading to his transfer to Southampton.
Reflecting on his time in Qatar, Kamaldeen said, “I think we learned a lot, especially the young players because there’s so much ahead of us,” he told BBC.
“As a squad we’re good together. We kept the ball on the ground and showed what Africans can do; moving forward I think the improvement is going to continue. The future is bright for the team.
“It was a dream come true to play in Qatar because four years back, I was 16 playing at Nordsjælland academy.
“Watching the tournament (in Russia) on television in 2018 and to be able to play the next World Cup; I feel blessed and happy. It was a very great experience.”
Kamaldeen will be hoping his move to Southampton to play in the Premier League will bring the best out of him in order to also deliver for the national team.
- Akufo-Addo swears in 3 new members of Electoral Commission
- ECG disconnects power to Ho Airport, GRA over debt
- Fella Makafui reacts after Twitter user accuses her of ‘sleeping’ with Medikal’s ex-manager
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- Ludacris hangs out with Sarkodie in Ghana, fans speculate new music
- Ghana v Angola: Kingsley Schindler replaces injured Tariq Lamptey
- Cedi may record mixed performance to dollar this week
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Putin says ties with Africa a priority to Moscow
- AFCON 2023Q: Goalpost collapses and injures Wollacott in training
- Ghana’s economy is still afloat because of Alan Kyerematen’s vision – Buaben Asamoah
- Intimidation of journalists is on the rise – Kweku Andoh Awotwi
- I have already won Ayawaso West Wuogon NDC primaries – Fred Nuamah
- Playback: One-one-on with Managing Director of ECG on PM Express
- EC has become an annex of the NPP – Sammy Gyamfi
- If you move right, you don’t need 10 shows to be okay – Kelvyn Boy
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- 3 JoyNews journalists win big at Merck Foundation 2022 Media Recognition Awards
- I want to be President to build a new Ghana –Kwaku Kobeah
- Essence of marketing is creation of strong brands – Nsarkoh
- Christiana Awuni explains why ‘slay queens’ can’t quit having body enhancement surgeries
- Spend wisely, desist from expensive borrowing – GSE boss to government
- GOIL supports Appiatse Disaster Fund
- Headmasters can’t stop students from reporting to school over prospectus – Education Minister tells parents