The Batsonaa Divisional Police Command has in a swoop arrested six persons for possessing narcotic drugs.
Speaking to Ghana News Agency, Head of Public Affairs Unit, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Effia Tenge said the operation was part of measures to avert and reduce criminal activities within the division and its environs.
She said, “Batsonaa Divisional Command under the auspices Of the Divisional Commander, Chief Superintendent of Police Julius Kpeberson led teams to swoop on narcotic drug peddling bases at Cambodia near Baatsonaa and arrested six suspected criminals.”
She noted that one Isaac Nkrumah alias ‘Thunder’, is the kingpin in the drug business in the area.
She said items retrieved from him were eight compressed slabs of plants materials suspected to be narcotic drugs, 135 wraps of leaves suspected to be Indian hemp, 38 sachets, all containing dried leaves suspected to be narcotic drugs, o129 pieces of plant materials also suspected to be narcotic drugs.
She said the police also seized from him a black polythene bag containing a number of dried leaves suspected to be narcotic drugs and items suspected to be used in processing the drugs.
The GNA gathered that suspects had been detained and exhibits retained for investigation.
Meanwhile in a related development, the Baatsonaa Divisional Commander also on August 21, 2020, at about 1723 hours conducted swoops in alleged ghettos and drug peddling areas in the environs and arrested 24 suspects between the ages of 18 and 33 years consisting of 23 males and one female.
DSP Tenge said substances suspected to be narcotic drugs were also retrieved from these suspects.
She said they were being screened for further action.
- Police arrest man flogging toddler in viral video
- Loans to become more expensive as BoG hikes policy rate to 24.5%
- ‘Akufo-Addo must resign; he’s giving us too much headache’ – Kpebu
- Nigerian oil export terminal had theft line into sea for 9 years
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- Nigerian singer Teni gifts SHS teacher a car
- BoG dollar auction: Demand outstrips supply by $72.2m as $1 hits ¢10.92
- Social media users impressed with Black Sherif’s ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Government using IMF as smokescreen to force its ‘austerity budget’ on Ghanaians – Martin Amidu
- ‘Forget about votes; call Chairman Wontumi to account’ – Martin Kpebu to Akufo-Addo
- Court orders CID Boss to provide safety report on alleged bride killers
- There is too much uncertainty in the business environment – Twum Akwaboah
- Deputy Energy Minister, Amin Adam, appointed Board Chairman of New Producers Group
- Increasing monetary policy rate will not reduce inflation – Badu Aboagye
- Austerity is bad for economic growth – Prof. Charles Ackah
- The Central Bank’s policy a measure in the wrong direction – Prof. Charles Ackah
- Akosua Agyapong eulogises mom
- ‘Horrible and terrible’ – German Ambassador on illegal mining
- My vehicle was set ablaze on Samatex premises – Wontumi alleges
- FDA concurs with WHO’s caution against four substandard paediatric medicines found in The Gambia
- Livestream: PM Express business edition discusses impact of policy rate on businesses
- Gertrude Agyemang: Customer Service Week and the ECG prepaid meter challenge
- NDC has no evidence to prove my involvement in ‘galamsey’ – Ellembelle DCE
- KNUST students develop cost-effective instrument to measure temperature and light energy from the sun
- MP has been a challenge in fight against ‘galamsey’ in my district – Ellembelle DCE