Police have arrested four persons who allegedly attacked a fuel station on Saturday, January 28, at Wassa Agona along the Tarkwa-Takoradi highway in the Western Region.
The suspects are; Francis Ebuka, Wisdom Justway, Samuel Chibuzor and Kingsley Okechuku alias Kofi Kingsley.
The suspects also subjected the fuel attendants who were then on duty to severe beatings and later made away with unspecified amount of money together with the fuel station’s Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV) Digital Video Recorder (DVR) as well as mobile phones belonging to the victims.
Information gathered by the Ghana News Agency (GNA) indicated that some Police patrol teams who were on their normal patrol duty within the area upon receiving the information proceeded to the scene and during the operation arrested Francis, Wisdom and Samuel on a motorbike attempting to abscond.
When the Police conducted a search on them, they retrieved a black hood, handbag containing two mobile phones and an amount of GH₵20,722.00.
The Police team further pursued the fourth suspect, Kingsley Okechuku to a hotel near Bogoso, where an amount of GH₵44,852.00, suspected to be part of their booty, was retrieved from him.
Other items recovered from the suspects include the DVR components of the CCTV setup, two pinch bars and a Ghana Card belonging to one of the victims.
The suspects are currently in Police custody and would be put before court soon to face justice.
The Police have assured the public that they would continue to work tirelessly to ensure they protect the citizenry and property.
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- Parliament decriminalises attempted suicide
- Take care of yourself, you would be replaced when you die – Speaker to MPs
- Ghanaian achieves outstanding results in global Finance and Accounting exam
- #NanaAt79 trends as Ghanaians celebrate Akufo-Addo on his birthday
- Leila Djansi’s mentee in UNESCO/Netflix project releases movie
- Nana Ansah Kwao IV apologises to Ghanaian youth
- Kelvyn Boy endorses Joy Prime’s Cues & Lyrics music reality show
- Playback: PM Express discuss whether US is interfering in the passage of anti-LGBTQI bill
- No individual can take credit for NPP government projects – Kpando MCE
- Akan chiefs wield authority, not power – Ansah Kwao IV
- My lost hand became my motivation – First youngest Ghanaian Pure Math Professor
- And LPG flames its furnaces; the most potent third force?
- Education Ministry assures to fix all SHS infrastructural challenges
- I’ll be retiring from stand-up comedy in 5 years – Basketmouth
- Criminalising attempted suicide does more harm to society than good – Bernard Ahiafor
- Here is why Ghana’s plan to push ‘pedal power’ appears doomed to failure
- Ghanaian youth entering into entrepreneurial roles commendable – CARDIFF ANALYTICA CEO
- MTN Ghana cut digital sod for ICT hub construction
- Parliament’s Education Committee to investigate UG’s refusal to reinstate Commonwealth Hall residents