Asante Kotoko aim to advance to the Caf Champions League first round as they welcome Mauritanian side FC Nouadhibou to the Accra Sports Stadium on Saturday for the second leg of the preliminary round clash.
The first leg ended 1-1 in Mauritania last weekend. Kotoko blamed the referee for not winning the match. They scored the opener through Osman Ibrahim but the home side equalised through a dubious penalty.
As Kotoko continue their search for a group stage appearance in the competition since 2006, they will hope to finish off their current opponents on home soil.
What is the kickoff time?
The match will start at exactly 15:00 GMT.
Current form of both teams:
Kotoko are unbeaten in their last five games but have only achieved one victory (W1 D4).
The Orange club are also unbeaten in their last five league matches in 2020 (W3 D2).
The Kumasi-based side’s captain and goalkeeper Felix Annan is not available as he continues his recovery from a thigh injury.
The Mauritanian top-flight winners have no problem.
Nouadhibou have conceded just one goal in their last five competitive away matches (0.2 goals per game) and scored seven (1.4 goals per game).
The Orange club are unbeaten in their last 11 games in all competitions, winning nine and drawing two. They are yet to lose a game in over 10 months.
Kotoko have conceded three goals in their last five competitive home games (0.6 goals per game) and scored five (1 goal per game).
Kotoko have lost one game in their last 13 competitive matches (5W 7D 1L).
- Citi FM journalist gained access to National Security premises under false pretences – Chief Director
- I feared for my life so I lied about being an Ewe – Caleb Kudah
- Don’t reduce our schools to ideological and religious fighting grounds – Akufo-Addo tells religious leaders
- GPL wrap: Kotoko extend gap at top after Olympics surrender lead
- Information Minister visits Citi FM over alleged assault on 2 of its journalists
- Dzata Cement denies claims of selling product at ¢30 per bag
- Affail Money apologies for alleging Caleb Kudah breached code of ethics
- Zoe Abu-Baidoo declined our invitation – National Security defends ‘Rambo-style’ invasion of Citi FM premises
- Coach Paa Kwesi Fabin names 27-man Black Meteors squad to face Japan
- Full text: Affail Monney’s apology statement over attack on Citi FM journalists
UMB CEO celebrates Eid with customers in Tamale; donates items to Yaa-Naa’s
MTN donates to Chief Imam, 6000 families for Eid ul-Fitr
Ernest Ako (Former IGP)
First phase of US-supported Covid-19 critical case management training in Ghana ends
Social media reacts to Affail Monney’s apology on Citi FM journalist’s breach of ethics comment
Motor rider crashed to death on the Prosohene Nkwanta to Bonsu-Nkwanta road
Tanitoluwa Adewumi, 10, goes from homeless to national chess master
Ghanaian-German Centre launches podcast on migration and employment
Martin Bashir quits BBC ‘to focus on his health’
Buhari’s son-in-law, 2 others wanted for alleged $65m fraud
NMC Chairman’s position on Kasoa ritual killing
Ordering loophole allows students to eat for free at KFC for six months
Jaden Smith to open restaurant where homeless people can eat for free
Information Minister calls for thorough investigations into alleged assault on Citi FM journalists
Mother of 8-year-old boy without feet calls for support