A late Diego Carlos own goal earned a point for Real Madrid against Sevilla as the defending champions were denied top spot in La Liga.
Toni Kroos’ shot in the 94th minute deflected in off Carlos as Real levelled for a second time to go two points behind leaders Atletico Madrid.
Fernando put Sevilla ahead midway through the first half after slotting in from Ivan Rakitic’s knock-down.
Substitute Marco Asensio equalised for Real before Rakitic scored a penalty.
Rakitic’s spot-kick came after Eder Militao was penalised for a handball following a video assistant referee review, but only after Karim Benzema had been brought down in the penalty area at the opposite end by Sevilla goalkeeper Yassine Bounou during a frantic few minutes.
Benzema appeared to have put Real ahead after 12 minutes with a header from Alvaro Odriozola’s cross, however a VAR review found the full-back to be marginally offside.
Two points now separate Spain’s top three – with Barcelona, in third, level on points with Real – with three games remaining.
Sevilla were denied a victory that would have taken them within four points of the lead and Julen Lopetegui’s side now look out of contention, sitting six points off the pace.
On Saturday, leaders Atletico protected their two-point lead at the top of La Liga with a goalless draw at Barcelona.
- M.anifest joins father to celebrate his grandmother’s 98th birthday
- Supreme Court dismisses case against regulation of plant breeders
- Doctor fired for prescribing ice cream and video games to child with sore throat
- I’m sad presidency is at the forefront of doing unconstitutional things – Domelevo on Supreme Court ruling
- SIM card deactivation: Crowds besiege NIA centres for Ghana Card
- Archbishop Agyinasare’s comment can trigger security and peace instability – Security analyst
- Supreme Court ruling comes as a very big birthday present to me – Domelevo
- AngloGold incident: 79 illegal miners out of underground mine
- WAFU B Women’s U20 Cup: Ghana seal final spot with comeback win over Burkina Faso
- It’s better late than never – Domelevo rejoices over Supreme Court ruling against forced leave
- SIM card deactivation: Affected persons throng telecom service centres to secure cards
- How changes in the small-scale mining sector are impacting the environment
- Deputy Finance Minister pleads with Pensioner Bondholders to suspend picketing
- Joy Clean Ghana: Two arrested for breaching sanitation by-laws
- Domelevo’s forced leave: You didn’t listen to good counsel – Prof Gyampo tells Akufo-Addo
- 87 illegal miners who invaded AngloGold Ashanti Obuasi Mine rescued
- The goddess that once walked among us; eulogy to the great Ama Ata Aidoo
- Barker-Vormawor refuses to state his plea as he is slapped with fresh Treason charges
- Answering the call: Traditional rulers and climate action
- Bono GES Directorate to establish ‘sanitary bank’ for deprived school girls
- Your inauguration presents an opportunity to reset Nigerian narrative – Mahama tells Tinubu
- Court remands Director of JC Logistics over an alleged false cheque
- Media Personality Sixtus Dong Ullo runs for Law School Presidency
- Gyakye Quayson to contest Assin North seat again in June 27 by-election
- WAFU B Girls’ Cup: I need to work on their finishing – Yusif Basigi on Black Princesses team