Real Tamale United (RTU) gained promotion to the Ghana Premier League next season after beating Unity FC 2-0 on the final day of the Division One Zone One League.
RTU needed to win and hope that other results to go their way as Berekum Arsenals held Bofoakwa Tano to a goalless draw. RTU had a better head-to-head than Bofoakwa Tano since they drew 2-2 in Sunyani and won 2-0 in Tamale.
After an 8-year absence, Real Tamale United have been promoted to the Ghana Premier League.— #JoySports (@JoySportsGH) July 25, 2021
Back in the big league 💫 pic.twitter.com/P03rlLdBDz
As a result, RTU gained promotion to the Premier League despite both teams being on 65 points.
The Pride of North last competed in top flight football in 2013. Their relegation that year was a mixed bag of poor performances and financial issues.
They join Bibiani Gold Stars and Accra Lions as the three teams to be promoted to the Premier League next season.
The trio replace Inter Allies, Liberty Professionals and Ebusua Dwarfs who sink to the Division One League.
- Government to face difficult refinancing options in repaying maturing T-Bills – Report
- Ayew brothers dropped as Inaki Williams starts for Black Stars in Nicaragua clash
- 3rd-year Mechanical Engineering student tells story of how he begged for a plate of food
- Aisha Huang denied bail again as judge calls on judiciary to help save water bodies
- Fatawu Issahaku scores debut goal as Black Stars record narrow win over Nicaragua
- Luv News uncovers degradation of Tano Nimri Forest Reserve
- ‘Nicaragua won’t be as tough as Brazil’ – Otto Addo
- Pressure mounts on government to scrap SIM re-registration deadline
- Kirani Ayat calls out Akufo-Addo, Tourism Ministry after promo video featured shots from his ‘Guda’ visuals
- Samuel Boadu leaves Hearts of Oak by mutual termination
- Reach out, show love and compassion to the needy – KABAKA Foundation chairman urges
- Over 1000 children at Tepa enjoy free NHIS registration
- Ghana needs support of Diasporan community to advance industrialisation – Alan Kyerematen
- NDC dissociates itself from Akufo-Addo’s booing; says incident reflects mood of Ghanaians
- Four envoys present credentials to President Akufo-Addo
- We are receiving threats of contract termination – School Feeding Caterers
- IMF sounds alarm on UK tax cut plans
- Malawi’s John Chilembwe gets statue in London’s Trafalgar Square
- Medical and Dental Council’s directive only applies to students who are yet to graduate – Dr. Banyubala
- We provided opportunities for medical students from Ukraine to enroll in Ghanaian universities – Dr. Banyubala
- Galamsey takes over rice farms in Upper Denkyira East
- Claims GNPC is causing financial loss to the state in Genser deal misleading – Deputy Energy Minister
- The Council from 2017 had issues with medical training from certain parts of the world – Dr. Banyubala
- Police investigate drowning of Officer at Sefwi Amoaya
- Bui Power Authority committed to harnessing football talents within its enclave – Management