The wife of the Vice President, Samira Bawumia has eulogised her late mother-in-law, Hajia Mariama Bawumia who died on Monday, September 13.
Mrs Bawumia in a Facebook post described her husband’s late mother as a very special woman whose death will leave a vacuum in the family.
She subsequently prayed for Allah to “grant her His Rahmah.”
Hajia Mariama Bawumia is reported to have died in the early hours of Monday.
The octogenarian, who died two days from her 82nd birthday, had been unwell for some time and was hospitalised.
After Dr Bawumia announced the sad passing of the woman, he affectionately calls Maame; some public figures, including President Akufo-Addo, First Lady, Rebecca Akufo-Addo and former President John Mahama have expressed their condolences.
- Social media reacts to how youth hooted at Akufo-Addo during concert
- Apart from some senior players, no one is guaranteed a place – Andre Ayew on Ghana’s World Cup squad
- NDC orchestrated the heckling of Akufo-Addo at Global Citizen Festival – NPP
- 23,495 Ghanaians test positive for HIV in 6 months
- Bagbin has not resigned from Ghana Bar Association – Dafeamekpor
- Black Stars arrive to rousing welcome in Spain ahead of Nicaragua friendly
- Frontiers Contract contains information we cannot disclose – Ghana Airports Company Ltd
- Ghana’s programme will focus heavily on debt sustainability – IMF
- ‘Stop the foolhardiness, Akufo-Addo’s booing at Global Citizen Festival wasn’t orchestrated’ – Stan Dogbe tells NPP
- Parliament approves fees for “access” to information
- ‘Nicaragua won’t be as tough as Brazil’ – Otto Addo
- Today’s frontpages: Tuesday, September 27, 2022
- Weweso JHS students save up ‘chop money’ to buy sanitary pads
- Global Citizen Festival: Usher, DWP Academy, others wow crowd
- Kenyan accused of ICC witness bribery found dead
- I want to come back to broadcasting – Kojo Yankah
- Mali players fight each other at Basketball World Cup
- Financial inclusion, enterprise development empowering SMEs for sustainable growth
- Government currently has zero equity interest in AngloGold Ashanti – Sam Jonah
- Uganda’s Ebola outbreak: Trainee doctors go on strike over safety fears
- Consensus building is needed at this point – Seth Terkper on Ghana’s IMF negotiation
- Smugglers Paradise: GRA to investigate how custom officials aided in oil smuggling
- We need consensus building on debt restructuring process – Dr. Atuahene
- Release incarcerated KNUST students – Katanga Hall Alumni Association
- Establish a debt limit in the constitution to control borrowing – Dr. Atuahene