Media personality and host of Adom TV’s Odo Ahomaso Show, Akumaa Mama Zimbi, is not happy about how the country is being run.
She is blaming the government for the hardship Ghanaians have been forced to endure in recent times.
According to Mama Zimbi, it is high time the country’s leaders put a stop to attributing the challenges bedevilling the economy to the COVID-19 pandemic.
“This is all they’ve been telling us, and they are not serious. They keep giving COVID as an excuse. What war? What hasn’t happened, COVID affected us but not just Africa, especially Ghana. The whole world was affected. They came out. Things are happening. What are we doing? What are they using the money for?” she said.
Mama Zimbi made these comments when she appeared as a guest hostess on Joy Prime‘s 6th Sense Season 2.
The government has on several occasions blamed the prevailing economic challenges on a multiplicity of factors, including the COVID-19 pandemic and the Russia-Ukraine war.
In March 2022, President Akufo-Addo in his State of the Nation Address said, “Bombs might be dropping on cities half a world away, but they are hitting our pockets here in Ghana.”
But the women’s rights activist is of the view that the government is giving too many excuses for the mismanagement of the country’s resources.
“Our leaders are self-centered people. They only think of themselves, maybe the wives and kids, and that’s the end of the story. If not today, we wouldn’t go to Korle-Bu, the 37 Military Hospital, Komfo Anokye, Koforidua, Ho, and all the government hospitals to see pregnant women lying on the floor,” the marriage counsellor indicated.
She therefore urged the government to invest wisely in projects that will benefit citizens rather than those that will become an albatross around the nation’s neck.
- Parliament approves all six ministerial nominees
- Akufo-Addo laughs over Volta Regional Minister’s new nickname- ‘Triple 66’
- Playback: MPs voting on approval of Akufo-Addo’s ministerial appointees
- Cedi depreciates by 22.1% in March 2023 – BoG
- Government makes additional payment for outstanding coupons
- I am not ready to die – Bagbin says as he calls for adjournment of prolonged sitting
- Traitor NDC MPs must do some serious soul-searching and learn to be nationalistic – Mahama
- I am disappointed with NDC MP’s betrayal to pass 6 NPP ministers – Mahama
- After standoff and brief suspension, Parliament regroups to vote on new appointees
- I wanted something that reflected Africa – Sheryl Lee Ralph on why she wore kente to NAACP
- Chronic kidney patient losing sleep over high cost of dialysis
- Treat tuberculosis as you treat HIV/AIDS – Nabdam MP urges government
- Mississippi tornado kills 23 and brings devastation to US state
- Funeral for woman who died after Asake concert crush
- NDC MPs voted their conscience by passing 6 ministerial nominees – Richard Ahiagbah
- Patricia de Lille says SA Tourism deal with Spurs should be stopped
- Don’t blame NDC minority, Ghanaians passed Akufo-Addo at the polls – Felix Kwakye Ofosu
- Afrobeats’ success has only just started – Killertunes
- Size of government has been reduced drastically – Richard Ahiagbah
- New minority leadership not to blame for passing all 6 ministerial nominees – Prof Appiagyei-Atua
- Ghanaians will be disappointed minority in Parliament did not stick out for them – Prof Appiagyei-Atua
- I am profoundly disappointed but we can still work together to achieve our goals – Minority Leader
- NDC Parliamentary primaries: 2 contenders file to contest incumbent Nabdam MP
- World Water Day: Cowbell provides water supply system to Dzakptra-Adeiso community
- BBC’s Sportsworld show highlights ‘Secrets behind Morocco’s success’ in football