A 37- year- old man has been stoned to death at Tema for allegedly stealing a cat.
The deceased identified as Abdullah Gedo and popularly known as Duley, was found lying in a pool of blood with a dead cat and some concrete slabs beside him.
This was after some persons believed to be residents of Jerusalem, a suburb of Tema Newtown in Accra had lynched him for stealing the cat.
Eyewitnesses said the incident happened Sunday dawn when a group of young men patrolling the community chanced on two suspects with a cat in their possession.
The young men, upon seeing them, got infuriated since the stealing of cats had become rampant in the community and thus, decided to stone them.
While Duley met his untimely death during the incident, his accomplice was able to escape.
Family of Duley have indicated that they are yet to come to terms with the incident.
They are also appealing to the police to investigate the matter and bring the culprits to book.
Meanwhile, Duley’s body has been deposited at the Police Hospital morgue while his accomplice is still at large.
- MP for Kumawu, Philip Basoah is dead
- I don’t know – Akufo-Addo on presence or otherwise of Al-Qaeda troops in Ghana
- Gold Mafia: Gold smuggler sneaks $40 million worth of gold out of Ghana every month
- ‘Why approve the man who caused me such pain?’ Sam George questions Minority MP colleagues
- AFCON 2023Q: Osman Bukari salvages point for Black Stars against Angola
- Substantial elements of Anti-LGBTQ bill have been modified – Akufo-Addo
- Debt servicing relief: China pledges to support Ghana
- Sights and sounds: Akufo-Addo hosts Kamala Harris at banquet
- U.S government to send resident advisor to help Ghana attain debt sustainability
- ‘It was too big a risk to start him’- Hughton on Thomas Partey against Angola
- Majority MPs wear black as Parliament mourns late Philip Basoah
- Together we will address the challenges we face – Kamala Harris on partnership with Africa
- Falling oil price only explanation for low fuel prices
- Policy rate increase will exacerbate challenges confronting businesses, hamper growth and employment – GNCCI
- You don’t need money to make money; you need mindset – Oscar Bimpong
- Banks record significant losses due to DDEP – BoG
- US is committed to strengthening relationship with Africa – Kamala Harris
- Bond market: Trading activity in government bonds slumps by 15.5
- Let’s continue to invest in good governance, democracy – Kamala Harris
- T-bills auction: Government to borrow ¢1.34bn this week
- We’ll fish out our MPs who approved Akufo-Addo’s ministers – Joseph Yamin
- Cedi starts week on strong note; $1 now ¢12.25
- Women must be given more leadership roles – Kamala Harris
- Comprehensive gender policy needed to fight gender-based violence – EGDC boss
- Study in the Philippines