Audio By Carbonatix
On Thursday, March 20, 2025, the Rapid Response Team from the Takoradi Forest District carried out an operation at the Subri Forest Reserve following intelligence reports of illegal mining activities.
The operation focused on miners using an excavator to extract minerals in Compartment 219 of the reserve.

These illegal activities had already caused the destruction of approximately 0.6 hectares of forest cover.
Although several illegal miners were present in the reserve, most of them fled when they detected the approaching task force.

However, the team successfully apprehended one suspect and seized an excavator.
The arrested individual is currently in the custody of the Western Regional Police Command.

Authorities continue to monitor and address illegal mining activities in the region to protect Ghana’s forest reserves.
Latest Stories
-
Youth Ministry says nearly 90,000 young people are employed under government programmes
1 hour -
Adaklu Mountain now a security zone – Volta Regional Minister
1 hour -
Volta Regional Minister assures PAC of stricter supervision of government projects
2 hours -
Can Parliament enforce its own laws?
2 hours -
ECG announces major transformer upgrade at Batsonaa – see the affected areas
2 hours -
Ghanaian released after 77 days in Burkinabe detention
2 hours -
Football Noise, Economic Silence
2 hours -
Replacing Haruna and Muntaka in Parliament was strategic for Election 2024 – Asiedu Nketia, Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu explain the plot
3 hours -
Security service recruitment medical results to be released next week – Interior Minister
3 hours -
Ghana’s tech prodigies set for Geneva after triumphant ‘Robotics for Good’ national qualifiers
3 hours -
World Bank document shows 27 countries seeking to ensure access to crisis funds
3 hours -
Mahama says Ghana’s IMF programme was close to derailment before he took over
3 hours -
Uganda confirms 3 new Ebola cases, bringing total to 5
3 hours -
Senegal president sacks PM Sonko, dissolves government after months of friction
3 hours -
Security recruitment medical results to be released next week – Interior Minister
3 hours